If you are planning a holiday, your scuba diving adventure will be considered incomplete without underwater photography. However, this is the time when you need underwater housings for your cameras.
Underwater housing allows you to capture stunning photos while protecting your camera from water. From aluminum housings to lower-cost plastic ones, there are still plenty of options available online.
In this article, we have explored some of the best underwater camera housings you can buy today. Take a look below and make your choice.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
What are the best underwater camera housing deals?
- Take clear pictures underwater up to 16 feet
- Roll and velcro zipper system
- Floating 100% waterproof case
- UV coated polycarbonate lens
- Difficult to reach the camera controls
If you are looking for an underwater housing for your SLR camera with a 2.0-5.9″ lens, this one is for you. The manufacturers considered the top professional standards for durability, style, and function while designing the product.
You will be able to take clear pictures underwater up to 16 feet thanks to a UV coated polycarbonate lens. Your camera will float if you lose your grip so you won’t lose it.
- Full access to all camera key controls
- High quality polycarbonate + PMMA + PVC + ABS reinforcement material
- Fit for most Digital SLR cameras brands
- Clear pictures under the water up to 16 feet
- Difficult to access the ISO settings of the camera
This is a light-weight underwater housing for most DSLR camera brands like Canon, Nikon, Sony, and others.
It’s very rezistant, being made out of high quality polycarbonate and ABS reinforcement material.
It’s a flexible pouch so it’s very easy to reach all the controls of the camera.
- Ships with a quick release buckle mount which can be used to attach your camera with other accessories
- Offers a vivid and clear shooting effect
- It is a lightweight and durable product
- Some users reported leakage soon after purchasing the product
The Kupton Housing Case for GoPro Hero 5 is our top pick due to its unique features. It is designed specifically for GoPro Hero 5 camera. It allows you to shoot clear and high-quality footage while providing complete protection.
You can put your camera in the case without removing the protective lens. This case is waterproof for up to 147 feet.
- Compatible with a series of Sports Action cameras
- Provides maximum image sharpness
- Offers protection against shocks, scratches, and dust
- The product is not compatible with some cameras (DBPOWER N5S, Campark ACT74, AKASO EK7000 pro Brave 4 V50, APEMAN A77 A80 A100, Crosstour and DBPOWER N5S)
It’s an affordable and very competitive product that is ideal for underwater photography especially in saltwater. The TEKCAM SJ4000 housing helps the photographers to improve the overall quality of their photos.
This case is made out of high transparent material that can provide maximum image sharpness.
- Delivers interchangeability with 3 camera models
- Has an inbuilt leak detection sensor
- Ships with a shoulder strap/wrist strap, underwater housing, neoprene housing cover, and other accessories
- Some customers complained that the camera captures foggy images
- The leak detector sensor didn’t work properly for some users
All underwater photographers like to have a lightweight underwater camera housing that is affordable as well. The SeaFrogs 195FT/60M ensures that your camera remains functional whenever you need it.
This case is completely safe for your camera as it has a built-in leak sensor so if you run into any accident you will be able to save your camera in time before any damage has been done.
We have listed the best underwater camera housings according to their specifications. If you have found the one for you on our list, let us know in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you want to take photos underwater, here’s our list with the best camera for underwater photography.
You need to make sure that the housing is perfectly sealed and that is risky for your camera. It’s better to rely on a housing especially made for this purpose.