One of the devices you may associate most with news reporting or journalists is the voice recorder. This, along with the camera and the microphone are a staple of what a reporter needs to get the latest news.
If you work as a journalist or are attending courses to become one, you will need a good voice recorder.
That is why we’ve compiled a list of what we think are the most useful voice recorders for journalists that you can buy.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
What are the best voice recorders for journalists?
- Simple three-click recording
- Voice activated recorder
- A-B repeat function
- Easy transfer files
- Small text on the screen
Recording is easy with the Aomago 8 GB voice recorder. Featuring a revolutionary feature called Voice Operated Recording (VOR), it starts and stops automatically with your voice.
It can hold up to 12 hours continuous recording, and it can also be used as a music player (supported music format: MP3/WAV).
- 16GB large memory voice recorder
- 1536kbps & noise reduction technology
- One-key recording & Voice Activated Recording
- High-precision metal structure design
- The buttons are too close one to another
The REC007 WAV Voice Recorder is simple to use, with built-in 16 GB internal memory that can store up to 1100 hrs (32 kbps) audio files. You can only press the REC/SAVE button to start/save the recordings.
It has a backlight LCD screen with a friendly user interface, very easy to set up.
This great tool activates the recorder only when an audible sound is detected, conserving space and eliminating soundless passages.
- High-quality aluminum body
- Lets you enjoy crystal clear recordings
- Features Voice Activated Recording
- Store up to 700 HOURS of recordings without the need for additional memory cards
- System settings can be a bit confusing
If you’re a reported on the loose for the next hot story, you’ll need to record everything and everyone, and it can’t get any creepier than with the DICTOPRO X100.
It can record audio from up to 33 feet away and features Voice Activated Recording, so only the most important things get stored in the device’s 8GB of memory.
- Dynamic noise-cancellation microphone
- Can capture 1536kpbs crystal clear audio
- Can set recording quality at MP3 (128kpbs, 64kpbs) / WAV (1536kpbs)Beginner-friendly controls
- Features Voice Activated Recorder and Auto Record
- The display may be too small for most people’s taste
The EVISTR L157 is a mini recording device, capture voice clear, ideal for remembering things, or taking down notes. It comes with a built-in speaker, and you can use it to playback the crystal clear audio sound easily.
You can also use it for fun as well, as it can easily store and support music playback and the most common formats available, such as MP3, WAV, FLAC, APE, OGG, and WMA.
- Record MP3 Audio quickly and easily
- Up to 57 hours of battery life for extended recording (MP3 128Kbps stereo)
- Built-in, direct USB Connection for quick file transfer to your PC
- 4GB memory
- A bit hard to handle
The Sony ICD-PX370 is a voice recorder that can store your stories in MP3 audio quickly and easily. The MP3 files are compressed but require less memory, making them better for recording long lectures or meetings.
More so, it also comes with a long-lasting battery, so running out of storage space or power is nearly impossible.
Journalists always need to have the latest information, and in a format that is as precise as possible. That is why quoting is more efficient when you have a voice recorder than just writing it on paper.
Additionally, if you can get a model that is excellent without breaking the bank, then it’s all for the better.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are several voice recorders on the market that journalists prefer. Take a look at our best voice recorders deals for more information.
The writers make great use of the power of digitization too in order to store as much information as possible. Check out our best voice recorder with the longest battery life.
Many traditional journalists use voice recording devices as a basic element for recording their interviews. Be sure to take a closer look at our best voice recorders for voice reminders guide.