- A smartphone is a device that all of us use on daily basis, and this is why it’s crucial that your phone is working properly.
- Many users reported that the browser keeps opening by itself on Android, but there’s a way to fix that.
- Want to learn more about Android phones? You can find all the information you need in this Android article.
- Having additional problems? Our dedicated Fix Hub has more fix guides like this one, so be sure to check it out.
Android phones are great because they are so customizable, but in some instances, you can encounter certain problems.
Many users reported that the browser keeps opening by itself on Android, and this can be an annoying issue, so today we’ll show you how to fix it once and for all.
How do I stop Android from automatically opening my browser?
1. Clear cache and browser data
- On your phone, go to Settings > Apps > All and then select your web browser.
- Now select Force Stop, Clear Cache, and Clear Data.
- Note: If you use the same browser on your PC, it’s advised to clear its history and cache and turn off syncing temporarily.
- Start the browser again and check if the problem is resolved.
This is a simple solution, and in some cases, you just need to Force Stop the browser, but if that doesn’t work try clearing the cache. If the issue persists, use the Clear Data option to reset your browser to the default.
2. Remove any suspicious apps
- Go to Settings > Apps > All.
- Locate the app that has no name and select it. It’s usually located at the bottom.
- Now choose the Uninstall option.
Sometimes this problem can occur if you install an application from a third-party source. These types of apps can be malicious and cause similar problems, so be sure to remove them.
Note: Sometimes the malicious application can have a normal name, and it can come from the Play Store. Users reported issues with Bluetooth Auto Connect, but after removing it, the problem went away.
Other applications that can cause this problem are:
- GPS Averaging
- Bluetooth Toggle
- Spelling Corrector
- Peel Remote
- S Voice
- Save & Repost for Instagram
These are the common culprits, but the cause can be some other app as well.
3. Change your web browser and scan your phone with an antivirus
- Download and install a different web browser and check if the problem persists.
- If the issue appears on another browser, scan your phone with an antivirus app.
If your browser keeps opening by itself, the most common cause is a malicious third-party application, so be sure to check installed apps and remove any apps that look suspicious to you.