Having a home theater system has always been one of those things that people usually associate with having money. However, knowing how to pick your components may make that idea a thing of the past.
One good example is buying a budget subwoofer for your home theater. If you know how to pick it, then you can enjoy great sound effects without setting your budget back too much.
That is why we’ve compiled a list of what we think are the best budget subwoofers that you can buy if a home theater or watching movies is what you have in mind.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
Top deals on budget subwoofers for home theater & movies
Cyber Acoustics CA-3602FFP
The Cyber Acoustics CA-3602FFP is one of the best purchases that you can make if making a budget home theater is your dream, as the price-to-performance ratio is off the charts.
- Delivers 62 watts peak power and 30 watts RMS
- You can quickly connect your cell phone, tablet, MP3 player, or gaming system
- The ported 5.25” subwoofer delivers some of the deepest bass available
- Created to look great sitting next to today’s flat-panel monitors
- Sound quality
BIC America F12
The patented vent eliminates port noise, which is often heard from other subwoofers especially when playing demanding music and videos, and the classic design is great for rooms with a more dated look.
- Powered subwoofer with 12-inch injection molded long-throw woofer; BASH designed amp
- Patented BIC “Venturi” vent eliminates port noise
- Adjustable crossover, adjustable volume control, automatic signal sensing
- Inputs for both Dolby Pro Logic and Dolby Digital/DTS
- Won’t be able to handle very large rooms
Klipsch Reference R-10SW
But don’t let the compact size fool you since this little beast delivers 300 watts of dynamic power, which will make your room shake during intense action-packed movie scenes.
- Powerful 10″ copper-spun front-firing woofer
- All-digital amplifier delivers 300 watts of dynamic power
- Equally impressive with music and movies
- Low pass crossover and phase control
- Line/LFE inputs for compatibility with most receivers
- Great for movies, bad for music
Acoustic Audio PSW-6
It boasts impressive specs that are compacted into a small frame, and the high-quality material makes it so that the sound quality is good, and the speakers will last for quite some time.
- 250 watts peak power
- Frequency response is 30Hz-250Hz
- Efficiency is 96dB, 8ohm impedance
- Built-in digital drive high-efficiency amplifier
- 6.5” down-firing long-throw subwoofer
- High rigidity PVA treated cone
- Adjustable independent gain control
- Black ash high-density MDF enclosure with advanced RFL bass-reflex design
- Cannot handle bigger rooms
Monoprice 150 Watt Powered Subwoofer
The product features a good combination of an excellent enclosure, a good speaker and a fair amplifier, and if you want ample clean bass at a very reasonable price, this is a good choice.
- 12″ High performance powered subwoofer
- 150 Watts RMS, 200 Watts Peak
- 50 ~ 250 Hz frequency response
- The splitter has an operating range of up to about 30 feet (10 meters)
- Some buzzing noises were reported
Closing thoughts on budget subwoofers for home theater and movies
Watching movies on a giant screen with friends and family can be great, but some people like it more in the comfort of their own home.
If you too want to invest in a home cinema system, but don’t have too much of a budget to work with, knowing how to pick your products will definitely save you some money.
In fact, you may even end up getting better deals than those that go straight for the items with the premium price tags.