- Microsoft HoloLens 2 is a pair of mixed reality smart glasses dedicated to the business and industry sectors.
- After more than a year from its initial launch, Microsoft announced that anyone can buy it from the Microsoft Store.
- This device is a wonderful piece of engineering. Find more from our Emerging Technologies section.
- If you need the best new stories from the digital world, take a look at our News Hub.
Microsoft announced in a short Twitter post that the HoloLens 2 mixed reality glasses are available for purchase directly from the Microsoft Store online in selected markets.
HoloLens 2 was launched last year in Spring, during Mobile World Congress 2019.
Unfortunately for many of us, this is not just another fun gadget to watch movies or play games but it’s a professional device targeted at business users.
It’s a productivity tool and Microsoft didn’t make any moves yet to show their intention in turning it into a consumer device. However, there are hopes for future smart glasses pair for consumers.
What is new about HoloLens 2?
Unfortunately, there are no new announcements about HoloLens 2 but if you’re still interested in buying yourself a pair let us remind you about the price and technical specifications for the device.
To begin with, the price is still $3,500, a lot higher than that of the consumer smart glasses on the market.
Here’s a shortlist with some of the Microsoft HoloLens 2 technical specifications:
- Video Resolution: 2K
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 850
- WiFi: 802.11ac (2×2)
- Bluetooth: ver. 5.0
- Connector: USB-C
- Camera: 8MP photo resolution, 1080p video capture
- Speakers: Built-in, spatial audio
- Other features: Eye tracking, head tracking, 6-degrees-of-freedom (6DoF) tracking
As we mentioned above, you can now buy your own HoloLens 2 from the Microsoft Store.
If you’re looking for VR glasses for gaming instead, take a look at our list with the best such devices.
What do you think about Microsoft HoloLens 2? Leve your thoughts below in the Comments section.