How can I tell if Windows Update is stuck ?
If you’ve ever asked yourself the question ‘ How can I tell if Windows update is stuck ?’, then you came to the right place.
This issue is more common than you might think. Because Windows 10 updates the services constantly, in some cases, it might happen that the installer got stuck at a certain percentage of the download or installation process.
Encountering this problem can be extremely frustrating. At first glance, it seems that there aren’t any viable options to deal with this issue.
This can cause a lot of anger, and some people even ended up having to reinstall their operating system again, as they stopped the process forcibly, while it was still working.
In today’s article we will explore the most common circumstances in which you might find yourself in. We will also discuss the best way to make sure that your Windows update is stuck or not.
Is your Windows Update stuck ? Try these methods to find out
In some cases, the update process inside Windows 10 will be slower than in other cases. For this reason, drawing the conclusion that the process might be stuck will vary depending on your patience, internet speed, and CPU speed as well.
To make sure that you’re not stopping your update process while it’s still running, it is recommended that you wait 2-3 hours before reacting.
If after 2-3 hours the bar doesn’t advance at all, then you can safely assume the update process has stopped.
Do this to find out:
- Press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc buttons on your keyboard to open the Task Manager.
- Press More details inside the window.
- Select the Performance tab and check activity of CPU, Memory, Disk, and Internet connection.
- In the case that you see a lot of activity, it means that the update process is not stuck.
- In case you can see little to no activity, that means the update process could be stuck, and you need to restart your PC.
In today’s how to article we discussed how can you tell if Windows Update is stuck, or if its just taking longer than expected.
Using these methods will surely provide you with the required information to make an informed decision about your next step.
We would love to know if this guide answered your question. Please feel free to let us know by using the comment section found below.
- Upcoming Windows 10 updates to be codenamed Vanadium, Vibranium
- What to do if Windows 10 update deleted desktop [EXPERT FIX]
- Fix 0x8007007e Windows Update error like a PRO
Google Chrome is the most popular browser out there. It is a reliable tool to surf the Internet and has many great features. However, nothing […]
Uplay is an amazing game distribution platform created by Ubisoft. It can be used to buy and download games as well as DLCs. It can […]