Chess Titans is part of Microsoft’s set of very-well designed and addictive games for Windows 7.
But, probably because the company decided to promote the new Universal apps, it decided to discontinue Chess Titans and other Windows 7 games.
If you liked to play this game on Windows 7, don’t worry, there’s also a way to play it on Windows 10 as well.
Download Chess Titans on Windows 10
To play Chess Titans and other Windows 7 games on your Windows 10 computer, all you need to do is to download and archive with these games, install it and you’re good to go.
Fortunately, folks from WinAero provided users with the download link of this archive, so you don’t have to go back to Windows 7 to make it on your own.
So, here’s exactly what you need to do to be able to play Chess Titans and other Windows 7 games on your Windows 10 machine:
- Download the .zip archive with Windows 7 games from this link
- Unpack the .zip file and run Win7GamesForWin8-Setup.exe file
- Follow the installation instructions and install Chess Titans and all other games you want to play (It will probably say that games are for Windows 8.x, but they will work on Windows 10 just fine)
- Wait until the installation is done
That’s it, now just go to Start Menu and open the games you just installed. You don’t have to do any compatibility tweaks, because these games work perfectly on Windows 10, so just open the game and enjoy.
Did you like to play Chess Titans and other Windows 7 games, and will you install them again on Windows 10, or you prefer modern games from Windows Store? Tell us in the comments.
Update – the above link has unfortunately been removed, so the single solution at the moment is to follow the instructions in this forum thread.
But you really should know that there are plenty of chess games available in Windows 10 that I invite you to check out.
Keep in mind that some Chess Titans download links may carry malware. So, if you decide to use third-party download websites to get the game, proceed at your own risk.
If you want to play safely, you can go to the Microsoft Store and download one the of chess games available there.
Also, if you have any other Windows 10-related issues you can check for the solution in our Windows 10 Fix section.
RELATED POSTS TO CHECK OUT:
- The Chess Lv.100: Download this app to play chess on Windows 10, 8
- 5 best software to analyze chess games in 2018
- The 5 best chess training software for Windows PC