Latest Edge build brings Never translate and SmartScreen features
Microsoft’s Chromium-based Edge is under constant development, and the Dev channel gets updated weekly.
Latest Edge Dev build is the last one based on Chromium 77
This week, a new and final build that’s based on Chromium 77 was released. The build number is 220.127.116.11 and it brings some changes that were already known from the Canary build, but also some new ones.
It’s worth noting that from now on, we’ll see only builds based on Chromium 78.
Here is the full list of changes and fixes that come in Microsoft Edge Dev Channel build 18.104.22.168:
New features and behaviour:
- Added the ability to never translate pages that are in a particular language.
- Added a keyboard shortcut for the … menu on Mac.
- Added a button to maximize the feedback screenshot editor window.
- Added the ability to resize the feedback diagnostic data window.
- Added group policies to allow SmartScreen to be managed by organizations.
Fixes for improved reliability:
- Fixed a crash during the first run experience.
- Fixed a crash when typing in the address bar.
- Fixed an issue where the browser crashes on startup.
- Fixed a crash when using the built-in translator.
- Fixed an issue where opening the feedback submission form crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where opening the Settings page sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where sites that use single sign-on sometimes hang the browser.
Fixes for improved behaviour:
- Changed where app/website shortcuts are pinned depending on how the app/website is installed.
- Fixed some issues around the shortcut pinned to the Task Bar not showing the proper icon or launching the proper profile.
- Fixed an issue where typing in the address bar sometimes causes whatever address is autocompleted to start loading on its own.
- Fixed an issue where videos on certain sites like Netflix sometimes become hidden.
- Fixed an issue where print preview sometimes doesn’t render all pages.
- Fixed an issue where search engines that have been deleted reappear the next time the browser is opened.
- Fixed an issue where invalid data was being shown in certain form autofill popups (for example, email fields had popups containing generic data that did not contain valid email addresses).
- Fixed an issue where light or dark theme isn’t properly applied to system pages (Favorites, Settings, etc.) on Mac.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where the X to close a tab sometimes isn’t visible in dark theme.
- Fixed an issue where sign-in popups sometimes didn’t show the correct window icon and title.
- Fixed an issue where the browser sign-in dialog isn’t big enough to fit its contents.
The build is now available for Dev channel users in the About Edge page, as an update, but you can also find it in the daily Canary channel.
It’s worth mentioning that it is available for multiple versions of Windows, and even for macOS. If you want to get your hands on it, you can download it from the official Microsoft page.
The PBIX file extension belongs to Microsoft Power BI, the enterprise solution for data virtualization. Thus, the best way to open it is, you guess, […]
If you are worried about renaming your files, we have got you covered. Today, we have come up with the best file rename software which […]