- Writing code is not so difficult as it may seem, especially when you have the right software to help you.
- Programs like Adobe Dreamweaver, as well as many others, are excellent for this particular job
- The article below is a compilation of what we consider to be the best code writing software for Windows and Mac.
- For more articles like this one, check out our dedicated Developer Tools page.
Programmers and web developers alike see the world in lines of code. Day in and day out they read or write line after line of code to create programs or other elements.
If you fall in this category, and if you are a Mac or a Windows 10 user, then then the programs that we will be recomending will be a great addition to your device.
While some prefer using Notepad++ or other specialized software to write the codes they need, in some cases, what they need is a simple and lightweight program that will allow them to edit code pages or create them as easily as possible.
We will be looking over programs that will be exactly what you need, programs that provide support for most types of coding, allowing the user to get the job done easily.
Adobe Dreamweaver is a proprietary web development tool, and it is probably best known as a web design tool that doesn’t need to know any coding in order to create great websites.
Of course, those curious about the backend of things can always use Dreamweaver as a code writer as well. This makes the program highly recommended for both beginners and veterans alike.
The UI is incredibly simplistic, and the program’s library is filled with resources and templates that make code creation and editing extremely easy to pull off.
More so, the Dreamweaver integrates seamlessly with other Adobe programs like Photoshop or Premiere Pro, allow easy file importing.
Here are some of the advantages of using Adobe Dreamweaver:
- It can highlight your coding for quicker scans
- Extremely useful for beginners that have little experience coding
- Features code suggestions
- Coding is checked in real-time
- Can be tested for free for 7 days
Code Writer for Windows 10
Code Writer is a simple code editor for Windows 10 and Windows 8, and in this article, we’re going to show you some of its features and how to use it.
The autocomplete is a useful feature that many code editors have. Code Writer doesn’t have full support for auto-complete which can be a flaw for some users.
Just like other code editors on the market, Code Writer supports various keyboard shortcuts. Using these shortcuts you can perform various actions without having to open additional menus.
If you’re making Java or C++ applications, you might need a compiler. Unfortunately, Code Writer doesn’t have a built-in compiler, so if you’re looking for this feature, you might want to consider using a different application.
Here are some of the perks of using Code Writer for Windows 10:
- It is a simple code editor
- Comes with a helpful autocomplete function
- Features a built-in compiler
- Support keyboard shortcuts
- Completely free
This tool has an incredibly simplistic UI, but the main feature is its readability. This is because Notepad++ has a feature where it can easily recognize and then display various coding languages with colored syntax.
This form of labeling lets users more quickly and efficiently read code.
More so, readability is further enhanced by the program’s detailed character location information. This, in turn, allows it to display the exact column space, line number, character selection.
Here are some of the perks of using Notepad ++:
- Can open documents containing different coding languages
- Displays different coding languages using different colors
- Extensive plug-in support
- A very efficient auto-save feature
- It is completely free
The UI is made to be extremely easy to navigate and understand, and browsing files and project work is also made easy.
the program features several advanced search and replace tools, and all the files and projects that you are working on can later be saved directly to FTP and SFTP servers.
As far as coding is concerned, the program comes with support for syntax highlighting of many programming languages, and you can even use it to transform the character encoding of text documents.
These are some of the perks of using TextWrangler:
- Can easily double as a text editor
- Support syntax highlighting for many programming languages
- Features many search and replace tools
- An overall easy-to-use program
- Freeware license
Sublime Text is the epitome of what it means to be a cross-platform code editor since it is available for Mac, Windows, and Linux.
Besides the OS versatility, it has all the features you would expect from a powerful code editor and then some more.
Strictly from a visual point of view, it looks great, and you can even modify the appearance of the UI to suit your tastes even better.
The program’s core code editor is very advanced, as it features tools that allow you to autofill, autocomplete, reference function in a file, multiple selections, split editing, and much more.
Here are some of the perks of using Sublime Text:
- Available on Mac, Windows, and Linux
- A very powerful code editor
- Sleek UI design that can be further customized
- It has several useful tools such as autofill, auto-complete, and more
- Can be tested for a Trial period
With the help of the five tools that we’ve mentioned above, you should be able to read, edit and compile code all on your own, and some of the entries will even allow those with no coding experience to do the same.
FAQ: Learn more about code writing software
- What is the best programming software available?
Based on how easy it makes it for beginners to code, the top code writing software is definitely Adobe Dreamweaver.
- What is code written in?
- What code is Windows 10 written in?
Windows 10 is written in C, C++, and C#.