Whether you are tinkering on your PC to clean up some of the dust, or are opening it up to replace some parts, you will new a very good screwdriver kit.
A good kit will usually contain a handle, and enough replaceable heads to fit pretty much any type of screw. This is especially the case since PCs and laptops usually have different types of screws.
Speaking of laptops, your kit will probably need to have smaller heads too. This is because laptops that aren’t encapsulated usually have very small screws that are hidden in crevices.
There are plenty of screwdriver kits out there, so choosing the right one can be a bit confusing. That is why we’ve compiled a list of the best screwdriver kits that you can buy for PC repairs.
What are the best computer repair screwdriver kits that I can buy?
StarTech 7 Piece Precision Screwdriver Computer Tool Kit
If you’re a repair technician who performs a variety of delicate repairs or just a hobbyist looking for a collection of the most commonly used precision screwdrivers, then you need a good screwdriver kit.
The StarTech 7 Piece Precision Screwdriver Computer Tool Kit fits your every needs perfectly, bringing you top-quality drivers with a wide assortment of heads that will be useful in pretty much any situation.
- Comes with 7 different drivers and heads
- Quality design
- Ergonomic handle
- Resistant carrying case
- Not too many heads compared to other kits
XOOL 80 in 1 Precision Set
The kit comes with 56 different pieces that are made of top-quality materials, and the magnetic driver won’t interfere with your electronics at all.
- Can be used to service all popular iPad, iPhone, PCs, and more
- The kit has 56 different kinds of bits will accommodate many shaped small parts
- The flexible extension is made of high-quality plastic
- The magnetic tip on the tool is very convenient when pulling small parts out
- The carrying case could use a redesign
ORIA Precision Screwdriver Set
These include the typical drivers, heads, pincers and even special components that are specially designed for iPhone repairs and servicing.
- Kit contains 86 different parts
- These durable screwdriver bits are made of CRV steel
- Comes with special bits for iPhone 7/ 7 Plus
- Ergonomic design
- The pieces are great, but the packaging is subpar
Royace Precision Screwdriver Set
This is thanks to the 119 different parts that fit pretty much any type of screw imaginable, and the design that allows you to reach even screws that are harder to get to.
- The kit comes with 119 parts
- Great for repairing PCs and consoles
- This mini screwdriver set is equipped with a plastic storage box that is shockproof
- Available in soft and hard extensions for narrow corners.
- The chrome vanadium head has a hardness of 55-60HRC
- Parts easily fall out of the packaging if mishandled
XOOL 58 in 1 Precision Screwdriver Set
Nonetheless, you have parts for any occasion, and the top-quality materials make it so that this kit will last you for a long time.
- The kit contains 58 parts
- Great for all manner of small precision work
- 42 different bits are made of CR-V steel
- The magnetic tip on the screwdriver is very convenient when pulling screws out
- Magnets aren’t too strong
Closing thoughts on computer repair screwdriver kits
If you’re a professional or an amateur just looking to do a quick patchwork, then you will definitely need a good screwdriver kit.
However, regardless of how good the kit is and how many pieces are included, always make sure you have all the heads placed back in the box or bag after you are done.