Multimedia is a huge part of our Windows 10 experience, and it can be a big problem if you can’t enjoy the multimedia content to the fullest on your PC. Speaking of multimedia issues, some users report that they cannot use Creative Console Launcher or Control Panel for Soundblaster cards, so let’s try to fix that.
What to do if Creative Console Launcher Doesn’t Work in Windows 10
This issue seems to affect Xi-Fi Platinum Fatality cards from Soundblaster, and like in most incompatibility issues, the main cause of this issue is driver incompatibility. According to users, audio works fine, but they cannot access Creative Console Launcher and the Control Panel, but there’s are few things that might fix this issue.
Solution 1 – Install Daniel K’s driver pack for Windows 10
Daniel K is a forum user on Creative forum and he created the driver pack for Creative cards. In fact, he’s been working on that pack for years, and although his driver pack in unofficial and not supported by Creative Labs it seems to work better than the drivers that Windows 10 installs. Although Daniel K’s pack isn’t perfect and it has some flaws, for example not being able to save software settings, it will fix problems with Creative Console Launcher or Control Panel for Soundblaster cards. His driver pack supports variety of Creative cards and you can download it from here.
Solution 2 – Revert to default driver and install Creative Console Launcher separately
If installing Daniel’s drivers didn’t get the job done, there’s one more solution you can try. You can try to revert to default driver, and then install Creative Console Launcher separately. Here’s exactly what you need to do:
- Go to Settings > Apps & Features and uninstall everything that is related to Creative.
- Restart your computer.
- Go to Device Manager and find your Creative audio drivers.
- Uninstall the drivers.
- Windows should now install its own drivers.
- Restart again.
- Enter Device Manager once again and find your newly installed drivers.
- Right click them and choose Update.
- Choose Browse my computer > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer and choose the latest one.
- Now you just need to download Creative Console Launcher and install it.
That’s it, I hope these solutions helped with the problem. If you have any questions, or comments, just reach for the comments section below.