- Microsoft announced the official release date for the upcoming OS, and hardware manufacturers are making some final arrangements.
- Companies such as Dell and Lenovo inform their users that they are ready to provide them with Windows 11 preloaded laptops.
- Earlier today, Dynabook, which was formerly known as Toshiba, also announced availability for devices that will come with the same pre-installed software.
- We will likely see a lot of competitors make the same strategic move in the coming weeks, meaning that people in the market for new devices have a wide range to choose from.
Now that Windows 11 has an official release date and everyone is excited at the prospect of changing Windows 10, after so many years of usage, hardware manufacturing companies want to take advantage of all this hype.
It doesn’t really matter what brand of laptops you use, as all competing companies out there will want a piece of the action, therefore all of them delivering devices with the new OS pre-installed.
We’ve already confirmed, earlier today, that Dynabook has also taken initiative in this matter and promised its users that it will be offering them Windows 11 preloaded gadgets.
Lenovo says that ThinkBook Laptops will feature Windows 11
The giant hardware manufacturer was quick to announce the forthcoming availability of our current ThinkBook business laptop portfolio preloaded with Windows 11 when available.
Lenovo states that their stylish and refined ThinkBook products running Windows 11 will offer enhanced work and entertainment experiences.
ThinkBook laptops announced late 2020 and early 2021 will be available later this year with Windows 11 preloaded, including:
- ThinkBook Plus Gen 2 i
- ThinkBook 13x i
- ThinkBook 14p Gen 2 AMD
- ThinkBook 16p Gen 2 AMD
- ThinkBook 14 Gen 2 i and ThinkBook 15 Gen 2 i
- ThinkBook 14s Yoga
- ThinkBook 13s Gen 3 AMD
Also, just in case, guidance on downgrading to Windows 10 Pro will be provided in the box for selected ThinkBook configurations.
So, if you were planning to purchase a Lenovo laptop for the new OS experience, know that the ThinkBook models will make it easier, as they will already have it installed.
Dell also joins the party and announces its future Windows 11 plans
Dell Technologies has been quick off the mark to let both its current and future customers know about these upgrades too, as well as their PCs pre-installed with Windows 11.
The company confirmed that starting October 5th, which means October 6 in Australia, most PCs that are available for sale on the official website will come with Windows 11 preloaded.
Naturally, Dell officials said that business PC users may purchase Windows 10 Pro preinstall with Windows 11 Pro license included, allowing you to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro when ready.
As an astute marketing strategy, the tech firm wants to cater to early adopters as well, informing them that they can buy now with confidence, and all will be taken care of.
Under the eligibility and how to upgrade section of their announcement, Dell had this to say to all it’s users:
- Consumers and IT professionals alike can check the Dell upgrade eligibility list to determine if their device can upgrade to the Windows 11 operating system
- Once the upgrade rollout has started, you can check if it is ready for your device by going to Settings/Windows Updates
- Consumers can choose whether to accept the upgrade or defer to a later date
- The upgrade itself is easy and Dell Migrate will help consumers and IT professionals safely transfer data from Windows 10 to Windows 11
We will surely see more and more companies adopt the same policies, now that Microsoft has decided upon an official release date for this software commodity everyone seems to be so in love with right now.
So, if your device isn’t compatible with the upcoming operating system and you are in the market for a brand new laptop, all you have to do is choose from the many brands that are willing to satisfy your needs.
The good news is that you won’t even have to worry about pretty much anything, as these companies took it upon themselves to pre-install Windows 11 for us.