- As a programmer, it is essential to have the right set of tools to take on complex coding projects.
- We have listed the best desktops for programming and coding to help you find the best desktop PC in your budget.
- Explore more on programming and software development by visiting our dedicated Developer Tools hub.
- Find more computer review and laptops recommendations in our Laptops section.
Whether you are a software developer or web developer, programming is most likely at the core of your day to day job. At times, programming can be a daunting task, but having the right set of tools can make the coding life a bit easier.
Before you start looking at your options for the best desktops for programming and coding, it is important to understand your requirements.
If you are a beginner, you probably don’t need a high-end PC. However, if you tend to work on large and complex projects, it is wise to invest in something more robust.
In this article, we explore the best desktops for programming and coding for both beginner and expert level programmers.
What are the best desktops for programming and coding?
- Good performance for the price
- Great built-quality and premium looks
- Plenty of storage and expansion option
- Optical drive included
- Only 180W power supply
With the latest and powerful Intel Core i7 processor at its core, the HP Pavilion TP01 is a well-built desktop PC with an attractive chassis giving it a premium look
The 10th gen CPU is paired with 16GB of RAM, 1TB of hard drive, 256GB of SSD storage for your Windows installation that comes installed out of the box.
It also features all the usual connectivity features, along with Bluetooth and WiFi.
- Good built quality with premium looks
- Powerful Intel 10th Gen CPU and RTX graphics
- Plenty of storage
- Built-in DVD writer
- No Thunderbolt 3 port
If you want a desktop that can also do gaming, the HP Envy TE01 is a good choice. While it features the same Intel Core i7 10th Gen CPU as the previous HP model, this one comes with RTX 2060 graphics for optimal gaming performance.
The HP Envy TE01 comes packed with 16 GB of RAM with an expansion slot, 1TB of SSD storage, and Windows 10 Home installed out of the box. For connectivity, it features HDMI, USB, and Display Ports on the front.
- Excellent value
- Great performance in its segment
- Optical drive, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth support
- USB Type-C support
- Intel integrated graphics
Acer Aspire TC-885-UA92 one of the best budget desktop for programming and coding as it offers excellent value for the price. The performance is handled by an Intel Core i5 9th Gen CPU with integrated Intel graphics.
Acer Aspire TC-885-UA92 also features 12 GB of RAM, 512GB of SSD storage, USB 3.1 and Type-C ports, WiFi, and Bluetooth connectivity. It runs on Windows 10 out of the box.
- Slim and compact desktop computer
- Good performance for the price
- Plenty of I/O ports
- DVD writer
- No USB Type-C
If you are a beginner looking for a desktop for home use, HP Slim S01 is a good choice. It is a budget desktop from HP with a premium-looking design in a compact chassis.
The HP Slim S01 features an AMD Athlon Gold 3140U CPU coupled with 8GB of RAM and 256 GB of SSD out of the box. It also features a DVD driver with plenty of USB ports and an SD card reader.
- Well built chassis
- Good performance for the category
- Optical Drive, WiFi, and Bluetooth
- USB Type-C port
- USB layout is too busy
The Acer Aspire TC-865-UR15 is another budget gaming PC from Acer that offers excellent value while delivering speedy performance in a well-built case.
Acer Aspire TC-865-UR15 features an Intel Core i5 processor, paired with 8GB of RAM, 512 GB SSD, and a DVD writer. Other features in the PC include Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity, USB Type-C, and HDMI port all powered by Windows 10 Home.