- We use all sorts of USB devices with our computers, but sometimes certain issues can occur.
- Many users reported A device attached to the system is not functioning error, and today we’ll show you how to fix it.
- This issue occurs usually with iPhone, and if you want to learn more, we have a dedicated iPhone article that you might want to check.
- Looking for more guides and fixes? You can find them in our Fix Hub.
Computer issues are going to occur sooner or later, and many users reported A device attached to the system is not functioning error message.
This can be a problem, especially if you’re connecting a storage device, such as your iPhone or a USB flash drive, but there’s a way to fix this problem.
How can I fix A device attached to the system is not functioning error?
1. Use DriverFix
If you’re getting A device attached to the system is not functioning error, the issue might be caused by outdated drivers.
The software is pretty simple to use and it will automatically scan your system and report which drivers are out of date. After getting the list of drivers, you just need to select which ones you want to update, and that’s it.
DriverFix is almost completely automated, and since it’s fast, you’ll update outdated drivers and fix driver issues in a matter of moments.
Other useful features:
- Database of over 18 million driver files
- Download manager for driver downloads
- Driver backup
- Ability to schedule driver updates
DriverFix is a driver updater software that will update your drivers and fix all driver-related issues.
2. Try using a different USB port
- Disconnect your device.
- Now connect it to another USB port.
- Try using several different ports and check if that solves the problem.
- Optional: You can also try using a different USB cable.
This is a simple solution, and several users reported that this issue was resolved after connecting your USB device to a USB 3.0 port, so be sure to try that as well.
3. Free up space on your iOS device
- On your iOS device go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage.
- Check the available storage space. Make sure that you have at least a couple of GBs available.
- If needed, delete any files that you don’t need and check if that solves the problem.
4. Check Keep Originals option on your iOS device
- On your iOS device go to Settings > Photos.
- Navigate to Transfer to Mac or PC section and choose Keep Originals.
After doing that, check if the problem is resolved. This issue occurs when trying to copy pictures from your iPhone, and this should help you fix that.
Keep in mind that your images will be transferred in HEIC format, so you’ll need to download HEIC and HEIF codec in order to view them.
5. Update iTunes
- Open iTunes on your PC.
- Now navigate to Help and select Check for Updates.
- Once the iTunes is updated to the latest version, check if the problem is still there.
In addition to iTunes, make sure that your iOS device is up to date as well.
6. Reset Location & Privacy
- On your iOS device navigate to Settings > General.
- Select Reset > Reset Location & Privacy.
- Connect your iOS device again, and be sure to select Trust This Computer option.
A device attached to the system is not functioning error can prevent you from using your iPhone or other USB devices with your PC, but hopefully, you managed to fix this issue with our solutions.