If you are tired of the notifications sounds for the modern apps you installed on your new Windows 8.1 operating system then you will be glad to know that there is a very easy and quick way we can disable them and move forward with our work without the disturbance from the notification sounds. Windows 8.1 has a build in feature that allows turning the notifications sound on or off thus optimizing your use on the PC and making it more to your liking.
This feature is also present for Windows 8 or Windows RT so if you have these older versions of Windows you can use this tutorial for them as well. Even though the notifications sounds for the apps usually come in enable mode we will see below a few options how we can disable the ones we wish.
Tutorial for disabling notification sounds for modern apps in Windows 8.1
- Move the mouse cursor to the right side of the screen
- Tap or left click on the “Settings” icon.
- In the Windows 8.1 settings window left click or tap the “Notifications” icon presented there.
- In the “Notifications” menu you will have there the option to turn the sounds on or off. Just slide the bar over to the left on the app you are trying to disable the sound and it will be set to “off” mode.
- After you turned off the notifications on the app you wanted just close the PC settings window.
- Reboot the Windows 8.1 PC and see if you still have the notifications sounds on the apps you disabled.
Left click the download link presented below to download the app necessary for disabling the sound for modern apps.
- Save the file you download above to the desktop of your Windows 8.1 device.
- Double left click the file you downloaded to your desktop to begin the installation.
- You will get a message before the installation; left click the “Run” button situated below of that message.
- After you finished installing this app you will have your modern sound apps disabled and get back to your work.
Above you can see the two methods on how to disable the modern notification sounds on your Windows 8.1 device as well as how you can get them back on. Write us below for any issues or questions you might have regarding this article.