- If you have a Fitbit device that you want to sync, but you lack a mobile device, you can install an app on your computer to sync your progress with the fitbit.com account.
- There are 2 versions of the app. A standard desktop version and a Windows app version. Here you will find the download link of the standard desktop version.
- Similar articles can be found in the Fitbit section where we write about the best devices and the software related to them.
- Interested in the enormous world of software for Windows? Visit the Windows 10 Software Download section and see what we have available.
We have talked about the touch version of Fitbit for Windows 10 multiple times in the past, as it has received important updates. But now we’re having a look at the companion software of Fitbit to be used in the desktop interface of Windows 10
Fitbit is one of the best health and fitness apps currently available in the Windows Store and there are only good words to be said about it, but if you are interested in the desktop software that lets you set up a new Fitbit device or synchronize with the wireless dongle, then that’s what this article is about. The software isn’t too complicated and doesn’t have plenty of features, as its main job is to send data to Fitbit’s servers. You can do the same thing with the touch version or with other mobile apps.
It is really easy to set up a new Fitbit device, and all you have to do is to download the free software to link your device to Fitbit’s servers. At the moment, you can synchronize the data from the following devices – Force, Flex, One or Zip. I have a good old Zip myself and I’m very pleased with its features. Having used Fitbit Connect on my Windows 10 laptop, I can say that the software works flawlessly and does the job as it’s supposed to.
Download Fitbit software for Windows 10
Update for mobile apps
Albeit the official Fitbit Connect desktop client for Windows 10 hasn’t been updated, it’s been reported that the mobile apps have received quite a revamp, so go ahead and push that update as soon as possible.
Although there aren’t too many changelogs available for the official Fitbit software for Windows 10 we will try and inform you whenever an important update has been made available.
The latest update for Fitbit Connect for Windows has been released on July 25, 2018. Updates included wider devices support and bug fixes.
Download Fitbit Connect for Windows [Version 2.0.2]
This specific update was released on September 8, 2015, but a detailed changelog hasn’t been provided, but most likely there have been released various other bug fixes and minor improvements.
Download Fitbit for Windows 8, 10 [Version 126.96.36.19927, Updated Jan 10, 2014]
FAQ: Learn more about Fitbit apps
- How do I get fitbit app on my computer?
There are 2 separate Fitbit apps. There’s a Windows 10 App that can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store. And there’ a Windows desktop app that can be downloaded from the site and installed like any other regular application.
- What are the requirements for the Fitbit app?
The really important requirement is that your computer is equipped with Bluetooth 4.0 so that it can sync your device wirelessly. You can also use the Fitbit dongle.
- Can I sync the Windows 10 app without a Dongle?
Yes. The Fitbit device can sync via the built-in Bluetooth of your computer (you can check for Bluetooth using the guide) using the Windows 10 app.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in March 2014 and has been since revamped and updated in May 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.