Download the HoloLens 2 emulator now and save $3,500
However, they are still interested to explore the functionality of the HoloLens 2 UWP.
Also, the company mentioned that developers don’t need a physical HoloLens device for testing holographic apps on their systems.
You can use your mouse, keyboard, or Xbox controller for handling inputs. Interestingly, your apps will never detect they are not running on an actual HoloLens.
You must be wondering how the HoloLens 2 emulator actually works. Microsoft released a video that provides users with a brief overview about its functionality. There are many similarities between this app and the Windows Mixed Reality UI.
HoloLens 2 hits the store later this year
Hololens fans can’t wait to get their hands on the HoloLens 2 and test the device. Let’s dive into some major specifications of HoloLens 2 as they have been listed by Microsoft:
- Optics:See-through holographic lenses (waveguides)
- Resolution:2k 3:2 light engines
- Holographic Density:>2.5k radiants (light points per radian)
- Eye-based Rendering: Display optimization for 3D eye position
Computer & Connectivity
- SoC (system on a chip): Qualcomm Snapdragon 850 Compute Platform
- HPU: 2nd Generation Custom-built Holographic Processing Unit
- Wi-Fi: 802.11ac 2×2
- Bluetooth: 5.0
- USB: USB Type-C
Sensors & Audio
- Depth: Azure Kinect sensor (Depth camera: 1MP Time-of-flight; RGB camera: 12MP CMOS sensor rolling shutter)
- IMU: Accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer
- Camera: 8MP stills, 1080p 30fps video
- Microphone Array: 5 channels
- Speakers: Built-in, spatial audio
Microsoft plans to launch HoloLens 2 by the end of this year. You can buy it from major Microsoft markets located in the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, France, Australia, Germany, China, Ireland, New Zealand and Japan.
RELATED ARTICLES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- HoloLens 2 brings longer battery life, LTE support and ARM-based chips
- HoloLens 3 to support infinite field of view, new patent suggests
- Install the Windows 10 on HoloLens
Despite Microsoft making huge efforts on every new update to improve the visual look of their OS, not everybody likes the changes to the UI. […]
If you have not disabled automatic Windows updates in Windows 10, your computer will automatically download and install the updates. While the regular updates are […]
In an attempt to make the laptops and ultrabooks razor thin without compromising on power and performance, the laptop batteries along with other components have […]