Download Outlook Web App for iPhone, iPad
Business Office 365 subscribers have a new reason to be happy about. Microsoft has just pushed out a set of Outlook native apps especially designed for the iPhone and iPad.
Outlook is a program that basically allows users to access their email addresses adding a bunch of other neat functionalities like calendar or contacts. Of course, the native version also brings some “additional capabilities that are only possible through native integration of the app with mobile devices.” This means gesture support and voice control are also added to the menu.
Try the Outlook native app for iPhone, iPad
- Organize your email quickly with Conversation View, Mark as Junk, Flag, and Categories
- Quickly search or browse email in all folders including Outlook Favorites
- Manage your schedule with ease
- Schedule meetings using attendee free/busy and room finder
- View shared calendars including delegate support
- Use your voice to look up a contact or bring up your schedule
Keep business data secure
- Remote wipe erases only your corporate data in OWA for iPad and leaves your personal data on the device alone
- Separate passcode for OWA for iPad provides an additional layer of security
The native app brings pretty much the same functionalities as its browser correspondent the Outlook Web App and we’re happy to report it’s not just another patched up app.
By releasing the Outlook up only to active Office 365 subscribers, Microsoft is trying to bring more iOS users in. Last month it did the same when it released the Office Mobile suite for iPhone only to this specific target group. However, the apps are free to download from the App Store. But not everybody feels that Microsoft is playing a fair game. A month ago, Forrester analyst Frank Gillett commented:
Anyone [with Office 2013] should be able to access the app. They’re continuing the artificial advantaging of one product over another to change customer behavior. We think that’s a major mistake.
The same can be said of the Outlook app, but it remains to be seen if the strategy finally pays out.
Game stuttering is the irregular delays between GPU frames that can have a notable impact on gameplay. A game that stutters will feel slow, or […]
Facebook is reportedly maintaining a list of user data taken directly from their accounts. You might be surprised to know that Facebook’s ex-employees and existing […]
Microsoft Windows Mixed Reality headsets combine VR and AR for gaming and 360-degree video. There are currently more than 2,500 mixed reality games on the […]