Tencent developers are now adding another app to the growing line of WeChat for Windows 10 apps called WeChat UWP for Windows 10, the same app that was discontinued in favor of the ported Win32 app. Now, the WeChat UWP app for Windows 10 is available on the Microsoft Store for download.
So far, Tencent has launched three WeChat apps for Windows. The first one was the proper Windows 10 app for PC, another was the Win32 app, and the last one is WeChat for Windows Phone.
WeChat UWP features
The new app is called WeChat UWP, distinct from WeChat, WeChat for Windows and WeChat for Windows 10. The app’s design is a bit different from the main WeChat app because it lacks the hamburger menu initially placed on the bottom to the right, while the app’s functionality is similar to the WeChat app.
- With WeChat UWP, you can send photos, text, file messages and playback audio messages in the chat.
- You can View sight, animated stickers, and also real-time location shared by your friends.
- You also have the ability to search articles from Official Accounts.
- The app is compatible with Windows 10 Mobile, PC, and HoloLens as well.
Despite the fact the app is called WeChat UWP, it is currently only available for Windows 10 PCs on the Windows Store. But, considering that WeChat claims the app is compatible with Windows 10 Mobile, the app will probably be available from mobile devices too in the future.
You can get WeChat UWP for Windows 10 on the Microsoft Store.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- WeChat is kissing Windows Phones goodbye for now
- Windows 10 Mobile is dead, so you can now jump to Android/iOS
- GroupMe chatting app now available on Windows 10 PCs
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.