- Dual monitor setups are useful, especially if you’re multitasking and you need additional space to work with.
- In today’s article, we’re going to show you how to use dual monitors with different resolutions on Windows 10.
- Want to learn more about monitors? If so, we advise you to check this dedicated Monitor article.
- Looking for more useful guides? You can find them all in our How to Hub.
Dual monitor setups are great if you need more screen space to work with, but many users are wondering how to set up dual monitors with different resolutions.
This is actually pretty simple to do, and it requires minimal configuration, so in this article, we’ll show you how to set different resolutions on dual monitors on Windows 10.
Can I have two monitors with different resolutions?
1. Change the resolution from the Settings app
- Make sure that both monitors are connected and detected by your system.
- Now go to the Settings app. You can do that quickly by using Windows Key + I shortcut.
- When the Settings app opens, go to the System section.
- Select the display whose resolution you want to change.
- Now set the Display resolution to the desired value.
- Now select the other monitor and adjust the desired resolution.
After doing that, your dual monitor setup will use different resolution for each monitor. Windows selects the optimal resolution for each monitor by default, but you can adjust that with ease.
In most cases, it’s best to use the same resolution because it feels more natural, but if that doesn’t work for you, changing the resolution shouldn’t be a problem.
2. Change settings from graphics configuration software
- Open Nvidia Control Panel or Catalyst Control Center.
- Navigate to Desktop Properties.
- Select the desired monitor and choose the suitable resolution.
- Click Apply to save changes.
- Now do the same for the other monitor.
We described how to do this in Catalyst Control Center, but if you’re using Nvidia graphics, the process is more or less the same in Nvidia Control Panel.
Having dual monitors with different resolutions isn’t a problem in Windows 10 because Windows detects them and configures them automatically.
However, if you want to use different resolutions for your dual monitor setup, you can change them easily from the Settings app or from the graphics configuration software.