Microsoft Edge seriously improved with latest Windows 10 build
Windows 10’s default browser, Microsoft Edge, received a ton of improvements in build 14316, the latest for Windows 10. In the last few builds, Microsoft’s star browser received a lot of love, a good move by the company if it wants to stay competitive with rival browsers.
Windows 10 build 14316 brings Edge improvements
Improvements introduced with the latest release are mainly functionality enhancements. Users are now able to drag and drop files into the browser, import features from other browsers, change the default save location, and more.
Check out the full changelog below:
- “Drag and drop folders: Users can now upload folders to sites like OneDrive, Dropbox, and Google Drive by dragging and dropping into Microsoft Edge.
- Better favorites importing: You can now import favorites from Firefox, in addition to Chrome and Internet Explorer. When you import favorites from any browser, they will now land in a separate clearly labeled folder, instead of mixed in with your existing favorites.
- Favorites tree view: Organizing your favorites is now easier using the new “tree” display in the Hub. You can expand and collapse folders to see the contents of as many or few as you like, and easily move favorites between folders with drag and drop.
- Download reminders: Edge now gives you a reminder of in-progress downloads whenever you close Edge. This gives you the opportunity to complete downloads prior to closing Edge.
- Default save location: You can now set where downloaded files are saved by default. Just open “Settings”, choose “Advanced settings”, and find the new option under “Downloads.”
Along with these functionality improvements, the new build also brought with it two new extensions to Microsoft Edge. Besides the original extensions set (Translator, Mouse gestures, and the Reddit Enhancement Suite), users are now able to install OneNote Clipper and Pinterest extension as well.
The fact that most of these new features are already present in rival browsers confirms our theory about Microsoft’s efforts to keep up with the competition. Tell us in the comments below: what features would you like to see in the coming Windows 10 Preview builds?
Windows 10 is an amazing operating system with many features and great versatility. No matter what peripherals are you trying to connect to it, even […]
The Sync function offered by the Windows Media Player allows the users to sync their favorite tracks between the PC and the smartphone. Sometimes, the […]