- Many users prefer using the Insider builds of Microsoft Edge in order to try new features early.
- Insider builds of Edge have various issues, and in this article, we’ll show you how to fix them.
- To fix these issues, you need to check your network connection or download the latest version of Edge.
- Are you interested in more news and guides regarding Microsoft Edge? Check out our Edge hub, for more useful information.
Microsoft recently rolled out a new installer for the Chromium-based Microsoft Edge. This is an indicator that we are heading towards the public preview.
Similar to the Chrome browser, you should have the installer to download Microsoft’s Edge Insider setup program. The installer requires an internet connection to download the complete setup package for Microsoft Edge.
A couple of users are reporting installation and updates errors for Microsoft Edge Insider build.
If you are experiencing such issues, here is a quick guide to help you fix these errors.
How can I fix Microsoft Edge Insider build bugs?
You should check a few things if you face any issues while installing or updating Microsoft Edge Insider build.
1. Identify the current version of your OS.
Right now, Microsoft Edge Insider builds are only accessible to Windows 10 (64-bit) users. Microsoft plans to support other versions later this year.
2. Change how you connect to the network
Sometimes the issue can be fixed by changing the way you connect to your network — especially if you get error 403. You can get rid of the error by directly connecting to your domain.
3. Check your connection settings
Firewall settings, antivirus or parental controls can also be a potential reason behind blocking installation or update.
4. Update your trusted sites
You should add officeapps.live.com to the list of trusted sites in your browser if you are downloading builds with Internet Explorer.
5. Download new Edge Insider builds
Occasionally a bad installation is also a cause behind these kinds of issues. You can try downloading the build again after removing your existing Edge Insider build.
6. Reboot your system
If the problem still persists, reboot your system after fresh installing the Edge Insider build to apply recent changes.
Microsoft has yet to announce a release date for the new Edge browser on other platforms. Meanwhile, Android and iOS are also waiting for Microsoft to release a build for their devices as well.
FAQ: Learn more about Microsoft Edge
- How do I get the Edge beta?
To get the beta version of Edge, go to the Microsoft’s Edge Insider’s website and click on Download Beta Channel.
- Can I uninstall Microsoft Edge?
Yes, you can uninstall Microsoft Edge, but that’s not advised since many services rely on Microsoft Edge.
- Is Edge better than Internet Explorer?
Yes, Microsoft Edge is better than Internet Explorer in almost every regard.
- Does Microsoft Edge interfere with Google Chrome?
Edge usually doesn’t interfere with Chrome, unless you have Microsoft Edge set as the default browser.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in April 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in April 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.