- The latest patch by From Entertainment tackles both PC, Xbox, and PS problems.
- Developers have now added sound effects when other players’ summon signs appear.
- Read the full Patch Notes log right here and see what other changes have been made.
Since Elden Ring is all that everyone can talk about these days, we’re here to tell you that the game just got a new update this week for two of the three platforms the game’s available on.
The new update is relatively small in size, but effective, as it takes care of a couple of issues that players on PlayStation, Xbox, and PC have been experiencing.
Let’s dive in together and find out all of the latest changes and fixes that are coming to your new favorite game, written by George R.R. Martin.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
What changes does patch 1.05 bring to Elden Ring?
This time around we are looking at a pretty hefty rollout for Elden Ring, as From Software had a lot of ideas on how to improve its latest masterpiece in patch 1.08.
Most of the tweaks and fixes are addressed to all the platforms that support the game, but there are some that only target PC players, as follows:
- Added keyboard/mouse operations that can be input in PRESS ANY BUTTON on the title screen.
- Added Return to Desktop to the system item on the main menu for exiting the game.
- Changed so that mouse click input is not reflected when switching windows to active.
- Fixed a bug that slowed performance when changing Screen Mode and Resolution in a special procedure.
Now, as far as the changes that will impact Elden Ring for Xbox, PlayStation, and PC, while transactioning with the Twin Maide Husk NPC, the following Bell Bearing items have been changed so that their liberated status will be carried over to the NG+ play:
- Bone Peddler’s Bell Bearing
- Meat Peddler’s Bell Bearing
- Medicine Peddler’s Bell Bearing
- Gravity Stone Peddler’s Bell Bearing
- Smithing-Stone Miner’s Bell Bearing
- Somberstone Miner’s Bell Bearing
- Glovewort Picker’s Bell Bearing
- Ghost-Glovewort Picker’s Bell Bearing
From Software also added emphasis to the choice of the Sacred Flask and several other options that can be strengthened in the grace menu.
You will also be pleased to know that developers have also added sound effects when other players’ summon signs appear, making the experience even more entertaining.
- Fixed a bug where equipment could be changed from the equipment menu during the use of a skill under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug in the “War Cry” skill where the effect was applied to a weapon that was not the target of the skill.
- Fixed a bug where some actions of the “Barbaric Roar”, “War Cry”, and “Troll’s Roar” recovery time was longer than expected.
- Fixed a bug where the effects of the “Determination” and “Royal Knight’s Resolve” skill does not always wear off with certain weapons.
- Fixed a bug in which some attacks of the “Ice Spear” skill are unguardable.
- Fixed a bug that caused the attack power of some skills to be reduced when using the “Golden Vow” skill.
- Fixed a bug that the light wave of the “Moonlight Greatsword” skill sometimes does not aim at the locked-on target.
- Fixed a bug that caused damage to allies when using the “Seppuku” skill under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that caused the increase in attack power of the “Seppuku” skill to be higher than expected for some attack motions.
- Fixed a bug in which a status effect was applied when using the “Hoarah Loux’s Earthshaker” skill.
- Fixed a bug where the “Waves of Darkness” skill would not hit the enemy with a spinning cleave.
- Fixed a bug that caused unintended motions to be played when switching to a different sorceries or incantations while using a sorcery or incantation.
- Fixed a bug that the FP consumption increased when using the sorceries “Magma Shot” and “Roiling Magma” while riding a horse.
- Fixed a bug where the “Claw Talisman” effect was not applied when jumping with the “Starscourge Greatsword” in both hands.
- Fixed a bug that the power of two-handed attacks except jump attack of the weapon “Golem’s Halberd ” is different from expected.
- Fixed a bug that when using the weapon “Pulley Crossbow” with the left hand while the right hand weapon was given an attribute by magic or item, the effect was given to the “Pulley Crossbow” as well.
- Fixed a bug in which arrows and bolts that did not match the type of long-range weapon could be released in certain procedures.
- Fixed a bug in which guard boost was reduced when some weapons were strengthened to the maximum.
- Fixed a bug in which the attributes of weapons could be changed while the inventory had reached its maximum capacity and the ashes of war could not be changed.
- Fixed a bug that caused the boss “Malenia, Goddess of Rot” to have low HP under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that allowed enemies to be attacked from outside the fog in certain areas.
- Fixed a bug in online multiplayer where, when a boss is defeated in the host’s world as a cooperative player, the same boss may not appear in your world.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the battle with the boss “God-Devouring Serpent” from progressing under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that prevented hostile NPCs from appearing under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the event of the NPC “Alexander, Warrior Jar” from progressing under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where the item “Sacred Flask” is not restored after destroying a group of enemies under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that under certain circumstances, after defeating the boss “Starscourge Radahn”, the user could not move from the map to the grace.
- Fixed a bug that prevented found sites of grace from registering on the map under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some graces from being able to be touched when approached under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that allowed hostile guests to enter boss areas under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that prevented a critical hit from behind from hitting in hostile multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug that caused performance to slow down when the “Sentry’s Torch” weapon was equipped under certain circumstances.
- Improved stability of online multiplayer between PS4 and PS5
- Improved loading times for the Xbox Series X|S version
- Fixed a bug that the master volume setting was not reflected in some cutscenes
- Improved stability of online multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug that caused sounds to play differently than expected in some situations.
- Fixed a bug that caused the player to become inoperable and die in certain locations.
- Fixed a bug in which the drawing and hit detection were different than expected in some maps.
- Fixed a bug in some maps that allowed players to reach unexpected locations with certain procedures.
- Fixed some texts.
- Several other performance improvements and bug fixes
Have you noticed any other problems that need a quick fix in Elden Ring? Share your experience with us in the comments section below.