Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- Many users reported having problems with the Elden Ring widescreen because of their resolution customization.
- Customizing the game's resolution can help considerably if you encounter this problem.
- To fix the Elden Ring widescreen issues, you should optimize your PC's display settings.
However, our experiments indicated that Elden Ring doesn’t offer a lot of graphics customization. For example, manufacturers didn’t provide DLSS, FSR, 60+ FPS at launch, or even a FOV Slider.
This is what one user has to say about the Elden Ring widescreen issue:
So I’ve got this 21;9 2560×1080 monitor and, surprise, surprise, Elden Ring being a From Soft game doesn’t support 21;9. So, since I didn’t want to tamper with the game files and play offline, I stuck with playing in a 16:9 box inside my monitor .
If you’re also struggling with this kind of problem, read this article thoroughly because we’ll show you the best option you can try to fix.
A true gamer needs the best browser
Complete your gaming setup with Opera GX. It's a customizable browser designed for gamers, with a futuristic design and a game-focused interface. It includes optimization features for resource consumption: CPU, RAM and bandwidth limiters.
The browser has integrations with Twitch, Discord, and other messengers, plus a gaming newsfeed with a new releases calendar, tournaments info and other gaming events. Moreover, to keep your sight focused on gaming elements, Opera GX includes an easy to enable dark theme.
Opera GXPlay games lag-free, chat with your peers and keep up with all new releases!
What can I do to fix the Elden Ring widescreen issues?
1. Change Elden Ring Resolution
- Open Elden Ring, then navigate to System.
- Now, go to the Monitor icon.
- From the Resolution section, change the settings to 1920 x 1080.
2. Change PC Resolution
- Use the following keyboard shortcut to open Windows Settings: Windows + I.
- Click the Display navigation option.
- Next, click the Display resolution drop-down menu and choose the 1920 x 1080 resolution setting.
Elden Ring ultrawide fix
- Download and install Flawless Widescreen (you should get the most current version and one that matches your OS version).
- Launch the newly installed app.
- On the left pane, navigate Available plugins and FWS plugins and click on Elden Ring.
- You can now select your preferred settings from the main interface. However, you should be aware that using Flawless Widescreen can get your account banned.
As you can see, it is straightforward to resolve this issue once and for all. Then, explore fantastic fantasy worlds with minimal effort and build your in-game character.
If you encounter any related questions or curiosities, feel free to comment in the section below.