FIX: Epic Games Store can’t download content on PC
The gaming industry is now filled with an abundance of means through which players can get new games.
The most prominent method one could think of is through the use of game distribution platforms.
Plenty of such platforms exist, such as the Epic Games Store with its Epic Games Launcher, Steam or GOG.
Those of you that use the Epic Games Launcher may have probably encountered issues when trying to download new games.
This articles covers a list of why this issue might occur, as well as some tips and workarounds as to how to fix it.
Epic Games Launcher fails to download games
Generaly speaking, there are plenty of issues why a download may not start, and these include:
- The Epic Games Store’s servers are down because of either issues or general maintenance.
- You have issues with your Internet connection.
- Faulty Epic Games Launcher installations.
- Make sure you didn’t buy an Early Access game that didn’t start yet
Epic Games Launcher won’t download games
1. Check to see if the servers are up
Head over to Epic Game’s official website and see if there is any mentioning of the servers being down either because of issues or maintenance.
If the servers suddenly went down while you already had the Epic Games Launcher opened, downloading games will become unavailable.
If the servers are already down before you opened the Epic Games Launcher, you won’t even be able to log in.
2. Troubleshoot your Internet connection
- Make sure your PC is connected to the Internet.
- Check to see if any third-party antivirus program may be limiting your network activity.
3. Restart the Epic Games Launcher
- Pres Ctrl + Shift + Esc to enter the Task Manager
- Select the Epic Games process
- Press End Task
- Restart the program
4. Re-install the Epic Games Launcher
- Press Windows + R
- Type in appwiz.cpl
- Right-click on the Epic Games Launcher icon
- Select Uninstall
- Go to Epic Games official website and get a fresh download of the Epic Games Launcher
- Install it again
5. Make sure you didn’t buy an Early Access game that didn’t start yet
Head over to the game’s web-page back on the Epic Store and check whether it is in Early Access, and when is the next testing period.
If you have any solution we may have overlooked, please do not hesitate to share it with us in the Comment section below.