- Sometimes to get the best possible sound you need to use an equalizer on your PC.
- In today’s article, we’re going to show you what are the best equalizer settings that you can use for gaming.
- Find out what EQ settings to use for hearing enemy footsteps better.
In order to get the maximum quality out of your speakers or headphones, many people tend to use various equalizers to fine-tune their sound.
This usually applies to movies and music, but what about gaming? This world relies as well on the quality of the system sound so the players may need various sound improvements.
For example, the gameplay may consist of sound effects or elements like nature or atmosphere sounds and you might want to hear it with the best settings.
In today’s article, we’ll show you the best equalizer settings for gaming that you can use on your device.
What are the best equalizer settings for gaming?
1. Use a gaming sound enhancer
If you’re looking to optimize your sound while gaming, then Boom 3D might be the perfect choice for you. The software brings virtual 3D surround sound to your speakers or headphones.
As for fine-tuning, the software has a 31-band equalizer and 3D surround capability, so you can optimize the sound any way you like. To make things faster, there are many available presets to choose from.
Other useful features:
- Volume booster
- Compatible with all types of speakers/headphones
- Built-in audio effects
- Improved music player
- Ability to individually control the volume of each application
Boom 3DThis audio enhancement software offers a powerful equalizer so you can get the best sound quality.
2. Change high-frequency and low-frequency sounds
- For action-paced games, such as FPS, be sure to set a higher value for high frequency sounds.
- If you’re playing more atmospheric games, set low frequency sounds to a higher value.
- For FPS games, try adjusting 2000 or 4000 Hz frequency in order to hear the footsteps better.
These are just some general guidelines on the best EQ settings for gaming, so be sure to try them and see how they work for you.
There are no universal equalizer settings for gaming since each game is so drastically different as well as your audio hardware. Also, certain settings work better for some users while others don’t.
This is why it’s highly recommended that you adjust some of the available presets, and fine-tune them until you get the results you’re looking for.
3. Equalizer settings for FPS games
General FPS games
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
|32Hz||62Hz||125Hz||250Hz||500Hz||1k Hz||2k Hz||4k Hz||8k Hz||16k Hz|
Call of Duty: Warzone
Counter Strike: Global Offensive
Razer Nari headset:
|Bass Boost||Sound Normalization||Voice Clarity|
These settings are sure to deeply enhance your gaming experience. Amongst other things, such settings will make you hear footsteps better, in order to have a quicker reaction in your favourite game.
Finding the best equalizer settings for gaming isn’t as easy, and there are no universal settings, so you’ll have to do a bit of experimenting until you find which values work best for your needs.