If you are using the new Windows 8.1 operating system on your mobile devices you most definitely stumbled upon the error code c101a006 while trying to buy a certain application. After viewing more and more online posts on this issue I have decided to explain a bit below the steps you need to take and fix your error code c101a006 in Windows 8.1 until Microsoft resolves this.
This error code is directly linked to your Microsoft information account or the Xbox feature you have available in Windows 8.1 but in the tutorial below we will be changing some options in the Settings feature of the operating system and see how it goes from there.
Tutorial on how to fix error code c101a006 for Windows 8.1 Phones:
- Go to the Start screen of your Windows 8.1 operating system.
- Select the “Settings” feature you have available on the Start screen.
- From the system settings please choose the “System application” feature.
- Now in the next window that pops up you will need to tap on the “language + region” feature.
- Right next to the “Country/Region” topic you will need to select the supported region like “United Kingdom”.
- Set the Phone Language correctly.
- Set the Regional Format correctly.
- Scroll down to the bottom of this page and tap on the “Restart Phone” button.
- After the phone rebooted you will need to tap on the link posted below.
- Click here for Xbox
- Scroll down all the way to the bottom of the page and change the region in there as well with what you chose in the step above.
- Tap again on the “Settings” feature in Windows 8.1.
- From the “Settings” feature tap on the “Phone” Settings.
- Now from the Phone settings you will need to tap on the “music+video” settings.
- Find the “Connect with Xbox Music option” and turn the slider to “ON” position.
- Find the “Xbox Music cloud collection option” and turn the slider to “ON” position.
- Find the “Now playing on Xbox option” and turn the slider to “ON” position.
- Close the windows you opened so far and reboot your Windows 8.1 Phone.
- Check again if you still get the error code c101a006 while trying to buy a certain application.
- Back up all your important apps, files and folders from Windows 8.1.
- Perform a hard reset for the phone using the Windows 8.1 operating system.
- After the hard reset is done go back to the application you were trying to buy and try again to see if you get the error code c101a006.
These are the two methods that I have found helpful when dealing with the error code c101a006 using the Windows 8.1 phones. If you do have further questions regarding this specific subject or if you have any further updates on this matter you can let us know by writing in the comments section of the page situated a little bit below.