Microsoft Excel is a popular spreadsheet application with power data visualization and analysis tools. However, multiple users have reported Excel crashes while printing issues with the Microsoft Office suite.
This issue usually occurs if the printer drivers are outdated or if the Microsoft office files are corrupted. Many users have reported similar issues in the Microsoft community.
This is the latest version of Windows 10 and the latest versions of Word and Excel with an Office 365 Subscription.
Every time the Print screen is opened, either manually or by Ctrl+P, the program freezes and crashes.
If you are also troubled by this issue, here are a couple of troubleshooting to fix Excel crashing when printing problem.
What I can do if the Excel app freezes and crashes while printing?
1. Update Microsoft Office
- Check if your Microsoft Office program has any pending updates. Microsoft releases updates fixing bugs in the program, so make sure it is up to date.
- Launch any of the Microsoft Office apps.
- Click on File and click on Account.
- Click on Update Option and select Enable updates if it is not already enabled.
- Again click on Update Options and select Update Now.
- Microsoft Office will check for any pending updates and download it. Go through the installation process.
- Once the update is installed, launch the Excel app again and check if the print functionality is working.
2. Start Excel in Safe Mode
- Starting the Excel app in Safe Mode can help you identify if the problem is with the program or third-party app.
- Press and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard and then click on the Excel icon.
- Confirm safe mode action when prompted.
- Try to print any document and check if it goes through.
- If the print job is successful, you may have a third-party app causing issues with the Excel program.
- Check your computer for recently installed apps or add-ons for Excel and uninstall any suspicious app.
3. Repair corrupted workbook
- Open the Excel app.
- Click on File and select Open.
- Navigate to the location where the workbook is located and select it.
- Click the drop-down button beside the Open button and select Open and Repair.
- This should resolve any issues with the Workbook and allow for printing.
4. Uninstall and reinstall the printer driver
- If the issue is with your printer, uninstalling and reinstalling the printer can resolve the issue.
- You can uninstall the printer from the Device Manager or Settings.
- Reinstall the printer and check if the Excel crashes while printing error is resolved.
5. Repair Microsoft Office
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type control and click OK.
- Go to Programs > Programs and Features.
- Select Microsoft Office and click on Change.
- From the Repair screen, first, select Quick Repair and click Next. If that does not work, select Online Repair and try again.
So these are the 5 tips to help you fix Excel crashing issue while printing the documents. Do let us know which fixed worked for you in the comments.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE:
- How to disable analyze in Excel in Power BI
- Web browser does not support opening Excel files [FIX]
- 4 best Excel to JSON file converter programs for PCs [FRESH LIST]