- Facebook does not offer any options to download its videos from the site.
- In this article, we explore the five ways to extract audio from Facebook videos in no time.
- Want more of these sneaky tricks? Check out our dedicated How-To Hub.
- Want to explore more Facebook-related information? Check out our dedicated Facebook webpage.
Facebook is the most popular social media platform in the world, and its video streaming platform is gaining popularity as well.
While scrolling through your Facebook feed, you may come across a video that has catchy audio.
Facebook, by default, does not allow you to download its video. However, there are third-party sites that can extract the videos from Facebook.
But, what if you only want to extract audio from a Facebook video?
Well, again, we turn towards third-party sites that can help you extract audio from any video on the internet, including Facebook.
In this article, we show you the five ways to extract audio from Facebook videos, but in order to do so, you will need to first know how to get the URL from Facebook.
Get a Facebook video URL
- Right-click on the video that you want to download.
- Select Show Video URL.
- Copy the video URL to your clipboard. If you have multiple videos to download, copy all the URLs and save it to a Notepad file.
Now let’s take a look at the online services and offline apps that can help you extract audio from a Facebook video.
- Open Save From on your web browser.
- Enter the copied Facebook video URL.
- The downloader will process the video link and show the available download options.
- Click the Download MP4 button to download the video.
Yes, it is a video, but you can always extract audio from the videos using the best MP4 to MP3 converters.
- Open the Getfvid.
- Enter the Facebook video URL in the search bar.
- Click on Start and wait for the tool to process the URL.
- Under Convert To, click the drop-down menu and select MP3.
- Select the Quality of the MP3 file.
- You can also trim the video by selecting the Start and End time.
- Click on Convert.
- Click the Download button to save the extracted audio file.
Getfvid is similar to Save From, but this one allows you to extract audio from the Facebook video and download it in MP3 format.
- Open Apwersoft Online Audio Recorder.
- On the home page click on Start Recording.
- When prompted to download the launcher, download and run the launcher.
- Double-click on the launcher to install and launch it.
- Once the launcher is up and running, open a Facebook video.
- Click Record on the Apwersoft Online Audio Recorder.
- Now play the video on Facebook.
- Click on the Stop button to save the audio.
- To access the file, click the Open Folder icon.
Apowersoft Online Audio Recorder allows you to record high-quality audio from computer sound cards and microphones. This also removes the hassle of having to convert MP4 into MP3 after downloading the video from Facebook.
VLC Media Player
- Make sure you have downloaded the Facebook video to your computer.
- Open the Facebook video on VLC Player.
- Click on Media and select Convert/Save.
- Click the Add button under the File tab.
- Select the Video you want to convert.
- Click the Convert/Save button.
- Under Settings, make sure to select Audio – MP3 for Profile.
- Click the Browse button and select the destination.
- Click Start.
That’s it. VLC media player should now convert your Facebook video into an MP3 file.
So, those are the five ways to extract an audio Facebook video. While some of these are online options, we have also listed some handy offline software for convenience.