With the early access to FIFA 20, a lot of gamers and fans of the series jumped on the hype train and downloaded the game, trying to play the trial.
FIFA 20 has a lot of new amazing features, but it also keeps the game modes from previous versions.
Unfortunately, it also has a lot of old and new problems. One of the most important ones is that a lot of players are reporting an error message when trying to access Ultimate Team:
I keep getting an error message when trying to access ultimate team. Can anyone help me.
The error message states: We are sorry but there has been an error connecting to FIFA 20 ultimate team. You will be returned to the FIFA 20 main menu.
It seems like all the other game modes and features work as expected, the problem affecting only Ultimate Team.
How can I get rid of the Ultimate Team error message in FIFA 20?
1. Play a Seasons game
If you’re getting the same error, just play an entire Seasons game. After that, quickly back out and go to the Ultimate Team (UT) panel and it should work.
After following this process a couple of times, only clicking on the Seasons panel and then quickly on the UT panel seems to solve the problem.
This solution worked for most gamers that encountered the error, so you can try it as it might work for you too.
Keep in mind that this is just a workaround and you’ll have to do it every time you want to access Ultimate Team.
2. Check your EA Access subscription
If your subscription has expired, FIFA 20 trial won’t work.
Multiple gamers confirmed that after renewing their EA Access subscription, the game worked as intended, without any errors.
So just go to the official EA Access website, log in to the account with your credentials, and then renew your subscription. After that, try to play FIFA 20 on your Xbox One console.
3. Clear Alternative MAC address
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Navigate to Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternative MAC Address.
- Select Clear.
- After that, press the Xbox button on you console to shut it down.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet and wait a minute or two.
- After that, plug in your power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Wait until the LED light from your power brick goes from white to orange.
- Then, press the Xbox button on your console to power it on.
4. Clear persistent storage
- Disconnect and reconnect your Xbox One from the Internet.
- After that, press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Navigate to Settings > Blu Ray & Disc > Persistent Storage.
- Select Clear Persistent Storage. Repeat the process three times.
After that, you can also power cycle your Xbox One console. To do that, just press the Xbox button on your console for 5 seconds while it is on, wait for the console to shut down, and power it back again by pressing the Xbox button.
We have to mention that different solutions worked for different users, as an official fix from Xbox or EA is not available. The first two workarounds had the most success, so be sure to try them first.
For any other suggestions or questions, feel free to reach for the comments section below.
- DirectX 11 issues in FIFA 20? Try this fix!
- FIFA 20 EA Access is not working on Xbox One
- How to fix FIFA 20 black screen issues on PC