How to fix Battle.net startup crashes
The Battle.net app is one of the most important tools for Blizzard’s fans. Thanks to this app, you can log in faster, communicate with other players, and strike off the task of updating your games – Battle.net does it for you.
There are also instances when the Battle.net app doesn’t properly work or stops working altogether. In this article, we’re going to focus on such an issue and offer you a quick workaround to fix Battle.net startup crashes. Battle.net crashes are very annoying because they prevent players from logging in. Usually, no error code appears, the app just freezes and then glitches out.
Here’s how one user describes this issue:
After windows 10 loads afresh battle.net crashes at startup with an error until I manually launch C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\Agent.5269\Agent.exe
It started after the latest battle.net update i guess
Battle.net crashes on startup [FIX]
1. Type %AppData% in the Search menu > hit Enter
2. Navigate to the “Battle.net” folder usually located at this address: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Battle.net
3. Open the file Battle.net.config using any text editor
4. Locate this line: “ShowIntroBalloon”: “false”,
5. Change it to: “ShowIntroBalloon”: “true”,
6. Save the config file > close it.
1. Type run in the Search menu
2. Type %appdata% > hit Enter
3. Delete the Battle.net folder
4: Do the same for %localappdata%
5. Launch Task manager and disable all Battle.net-related processes. Go to Task Manager > Processes > “Battle.net.exe” and “Battle.net Helper.exe” > right-click and disable both
6. Login to Battle.net again.
If the workarounds listed above didn’t help you, try to manually open the Battle.net app through the folder. If this works, this means that the launcher is the element that’s causing the crashing.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- How to fix League of Legends FPS issues on Windows computers
- Fix: Windows 10 Game bar not opening
- Fix: World of Warcraft Won’t Start in Windows 10
Blu-ray is, without doubt, the most powerful video content hub today, which is a marked improvement to the preceding DVD medium. However, its convenience of […]
Microsoft PowerPoint presentations usually contain important, sometimes classified, documents. Hence, most people tend to password-protect such documents against unauthorized access. However, what happens if you […]
The reception desk is the face and voice of any organization. An automated receptionist software simplifies the entire process of visitor management. Whether it’s the customer, […]