DIFXDriverPackageInstall Error 10 is an error which occurs while installing one of the Brother printers. This error occurs when you want to install the drivers or printer software of the Brother products and it halts the installation process of the printer.
Brother Inc is a USA based company which has a wide range of products that include printers among others. The error DIFXDriverPackageInstall Error = 10 prevent the installation of the printer causing problems for their customers while installing their printers product.
However, it has been noted that this error is caused by corrupt system files or if all the files for the printer’s driver are not in a specific path. In order to solve the error DIFXDriverPackageInstall Error = 10, we have come up with these solutions.
How to fix DIFxDriverPackageInstall Error = 10
- Run System File Check Scan
- Use third-party software for damaged system files
- Install the printer using Administrator privileges
- Use Microsoft’s Printer Troubleshooter
- Download the printer installer from the official website
Solution 1: Run System File Check Scan
First of all, the DIFxDriverPackageInstall Error = 10 error can be fixed by running a system file check process. This process can fix any corrupt system file hindering the installation of the Brother printer. System File Check (SFC) scans, checks, and fixes any corrupted files. To run a SFC scan on your Windows PC, follow these steps:
- Press Windows key and type “Command Prompt”
- Right-click on the Command Prompt and select “Run as administrator”
- Now, in the cmd prompt, type “sfc” and hit the “Enter” key.
- Here, Type “/scannow” without quotes and hit the “Enter” key.
- Finally, restart your Windows PC and try to install the Brother printer again.
This method will run a system file check and repair all corrupt system files most especially related to the DIFxDriverPackageInstall Error = 10 error which halts the installation process of the Brother printer.
Solution 2: Use third-party software for damaged system files
Another way to fix the DIFxDriverPackageInstall Error = 10 error would be to use a reliable third-party tool that focuses on repairing corrupt system files.
Without harming your user data, this type of program performs a complex scan and fixes your OS automatically, helping your device and all drivers to function properly.
Restoro does a complete scan of your PC’s issues and provides a thorough system diagnosis within a few moments. The tool fixes malfunctioning grouped and/or individual registry files that affect the performance of your device and restores compromised registry values to their default settings.
Here’s how you can perform this action:
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch Restoro.
- Wait for it to find any system stability issues and possible malware infections.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
In case the registry keys have been damaged severely, you can allow Restoro to replace them with new and healthy ones from its online repository.
The software brings your Windows Registry to an optimized state, helping your device function properly, without any errors.
Disclaimer: This program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
Solution 3: Install the printer using Administrator privileges
Also, another method of fixing the DIFxDriverPackageInstall Error = 10 error problem is by using “Administrator privileges” to install the Brother printer. The installer can be acquired from the software CD that comes with the printer or can be downloaded from the Brother website. The steps for running the installer using admin privileges are given below:
- First of all, locate the setup file of the Brother printer.
- Then, right-click on the setup file.
- Select Run as Administrator and follow the prompts to complete installation.
Running the installer package with the admin privilege fixes the DIFxDriverPackageInstall Error = 10 problems. Ensure you enter the necessary details during installation and answer the prompts accordingly.
Solution 4: Use Microsoft’s Printer Troubleshooter
Furthermore, Windows users can use the Microsoft troubleshooting tool to fix the DIFxDriverPackageInstall Error = 10 problems during installation. Download and use the troubleshooter by using these steps below:
- Go to the link here.
- Download and install the troubleshooter
- Follow the prompts and install the printer again
After downloading the troubleshooter, launch the printer troubleshooter program and it will fix the DIFxDriverPackageInstall Error = 10 problem.
On Windows 10 Creators Update, you can use the built-in troubleshooter. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to Settings > Update > Troubleshoot
- Go to the ‘Get up and running’ section and select ‘Printer’ > run the troubleshooter.
Solution 5: Use Installer from the official website
In addition, DIFxDriverPackageInstall Error = 10 problem can be caused due to a corrupt installer file from the CD that came with the printer. Downloading installer files from the official can fix the installation problem. Follow these steps to download the installer from the official Brother website:
- First of all, go to this link here.
- Select your printer from the products menu.
- Locate the “Support” menu at the right panel and click on “Learn more”.
- Click on “Downloads on our online solution center”.
- Select your Operating System version and click on “Search”.
- Here, select your printer and download the installer under “Full Driver & Software Package” section.
- Install the printer using the downloaded installer.
In conclusion, these method can fix the DIFxDriverPackageInstall Error = 10 problem. Try any of the fixes mentioned above and comment below if you have any questions.