Origin is a popular game publishing and distribution platform from EA. However, the Origin client for Windows has some annoying errors occurring every now and then. One of these errors is Origin error code 14-1 & error code 14-7. Both of these are installation related error and you can see many users complaints in the Reddit Community forum.
I want to buy Battlefield 1 but, when I try to install Origin it says it can’t connect to the internet and I Get that error code. I tried a cleanboot and disabling firewall like it recommended and it didn’t work.
If you are also looking for a way to resolve these errors, here are a couple of troubleshooting tips to help you fix the Origin error code 14-1 & error code 14-7 in Windows.
How to Fix Origin error code is 14-1 & error code 14-7
1. Run the Installer as Admin or use VPN
- If you haven’t already, try running the Origin installer as Admin.
- Right-click on the Origin installer file and select Run as Administrator.
- Check if you are able to install the app now.
- If the issue persists, download and install any free VPN client like Hotspot Shield.
- Connect the VPN and run the Installer again. Check for any improvements.
- If you are using any antivirus software in your system, try disabling the antivirus.
- You can disable the antivirus software from the taskbar. Right-click on the Antivirus icon in the taskbar and select Disable/Exit. Run the installer again and check if the Origin error code 14-1 & error code 14-7 is resolved.
2. Perform a Clean Boot
- If the issue persists, restart your computer in Clean Boot mode. Here is how to do it.
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type msconfig and click OK to open System Configuration.
- In the System Configuration window, click the Services tab.
- Check the box for ” Hide all Microsoft Services“.
- Click on Disable all button.
- Click the Startup tab and then click Open Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager Startup tab, select all the startup apps and disable them.
- Go back to System Configuration window.
- Click Apply and click OK to save the changes.
- Restart the computer.
- After the restart, run the Origin installer again and check if the Origin error code 14-1 & error code 14-7 is resolved.
3. Run the System File Checker
- Windows OS comes pre-installed with the System File Checker tool. Run the tool to fix any issues with your system files.
- Type cmd in the search bar. Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
- In the Command Prompt, type the following command and hit enter.
- Wait for the system file checker to scan the system and repair any system files.
- Reboot the computer once the process is over and run the installer again.
Reinstall Origin Client
- If SFC fails, uninstall and reinstall Origin.
- Type control in the search and click on Control Panel.
- Go to Programs > Programs and Features.
- Select and uninstall Origin.
- Nex, run CCleaner to clean any remaining files.
- Reinstall Origin and check if the Origin error code 14-1 & error code 14-7 is resolved.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE: