- Roku is a simple service that provides you with a device that transforms your TV into a Smart TV capable of streaming.
- The article below will teach you what to do when facing Roku error code 003, 016, and 020.
- To read more about this great device, visit our dedicated Roku Errors Hub.
- For more general fixes, take a look at our Streaming page.
Roku is an extremely useful device that allows you to easily watch your Netflix, Hulu, or Sling TV by using your own TV.
It can be extremely useful if you don’t want to carry your iPad or laptop with you whenever you go on a trip. You can simply pack the Roku box with you, and have access to your content no matter where you are on the planet.
Even though Roku is a very useful service, from time to time you might encounter some errors. None of these errors are worrying, but it’s always good to know how to bypass them.
In today’s guide, this is exactly what we will discuss. We will explore solutions for Roku error code 003, 016, and also 020.
Read on to find out more details about each of these errors.
How can I fix the Roku error code 003, 016, and 020?
Roku error code 003:
1. Update your Roku software
- Press the Home button 5 times.
- Press the Fast Forward button 3 times.
- Press the Rewind button 2 times.
- Press the Ok button.
- Check to see if the issue persists.
2. Make sure you use the Ethernet cable for Roku
3. Restart your Roku device
If you’re using Roku TV, then navigate to Settings, choose System, open Power, and choose System Restart.
Roku error code 016
If your internet is activated but Roku still shows the same error code, then try checking your Internet login credentials, and restart your router. This should solve the error 016.
After performing these actions, see if the Roku error code 016 is gone. If it is not, consider contacting Roku support.
Roku error code 020
This error is caused by an HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) error and can happen if your Roku device is not compatible with the protection tech from your TV, and vice-versa. Follow these steps to resolve it:
- Disconnect the HDMI cable from both devices.
- Turn off the TV that you were using with Roku and disconnect the power cable.
- Disconnect the Roku power cable.
- Connect the HDMI cable to the Roku player.
- Reconnect the TV’s power cable and Roku player power cable.
- Turn on both the Roku player and the TV.
In this guide, we explored the best solutions for the Roku error code 003, 016, and also 020. We hope this guide has proven useful in your situation.
Feel free to share your experience with us by using the comment section found below.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have difficulties playing YouTube on your Roku devices, visit this article for more info.
Ig your HBO GO content doesn’t run on Roku, fix it by following the steps listed here.
To clear the cache on your Roku, select Home from the main menu, then use the remote and press Home 5 times, press Up, and then the Rewind button 2 times, and then Fast Forward two times.