Fix: Windows 10 build 15007 audio issues, high CPU usage and Edge crashes
Microsoft recently rolled out Windows 10 build 15007 for both PC and Mobile to Fast Ring Insiders. The latest build packs a plethora of new features and improvements that will boost the popularity of the Windows 10 Creators Update OS, making it very appealing to users.
However, since build 15007 is not a final OS version, it still needs some polishing work here and there. There are still many known issues that Microsoft needs to fix. Moreover, build 15007 also brings issues of its own, as users report.
Windows 10 PC build 15007 breaks audio, causes high CPU usage and Edge crashes. Fortunately, Microsoft has managed to identify the culprit for all these issues, and posted a quick workaround on how to solve these bugs.
As part of this build there is a known issue that will affect some users and we wanted to describe the issue and the simple workaround should you hit this bug after installing the new build. Details are below:
Some users may hit a bug that has several possible symptoms. Each of these issues are caused by this same bug:
– No audio
– Continuous high CPU/disk usage
– Edge crashes when opening Settings inside the app
Here’s how to fix audio issues, high CPU usage and Edge crashes in Windows 10 build 15007
To bypass this bug, follow the troubleshooting steps listed below:
- Type cmd in the search menu > launch Command Prompt
- Paste the following:Rmdir /s %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Spectrum\PersistedSpatialAnchors
- Open File Explorer
- Navigate to this folder: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Spectrum
- Select the “PersistedSpatialAnchors” folder > click Delete
- Reboot the PC.
Should you encounter a message saying “Files are in use” while trying to delete the folder, simply reboot your PC and try again.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft pulls the mysterious Windows 10 Mobile build 14998
- Windows 10 build 15002 issues: Install fails, unresponsive taskbars, Edge browser that doesn’t load
- Latest ISO for Windows 10 build 14986 out now
Windows cannot find the Microsoft license software terms error can sometimes appear while trying to install Windows. This error will prevent you from installing Windows, […]
Some users are using their Xbox One controller on their PC, but sometimes they might encounter USB device not recognized message. This can be an […]
OBS or Open Source Broadcaster is a free and open source software that can be used to stream and record programs. It’s quite popular as […]