How to troubleshoot 4K 60Hz issues on your Xbox One S
The Xbox One S is a 4K-capable console, but sometimes users receive an annoying error message when they try to enable 4K UHD functionality. More specifically, users are informed that their TV set indeed supports 4K, but not at 60Hz.
Here’s the exact error message that appears on the screen:
4K is supported by your TV, but not at 60Hz. You won’t be able to upscale to 4K, but, depending on your TV, you may still be able to play some 4K and HDR content. To see what your TV supports, choose 4K TV details.
This error message appears when your TV supports 4K but not at a 60 Hz refresh rate, meaning that you can play 4K content at other refresh rates. Unfortunately, your TV set won’t allow you to upscale games, movies and apps to 4K.
How to improve 4K quality on your Xbox One S
If your TV set doesn’t support 4K 60Hz, follow the steps listed below to make sure you enable the best possible 4K experience given your TV’s capabilities.
- Plug your HDMI cable into the correct port on your TV. It is good to know that some 4K TVs support full 4K features only on specific HDMI ports.
- Check your TV’s settings menu. It’s possible that your TV has a dedicated mode that controls the refresh rate.
- Use the HDMI cable that came with the Xbox One S. Third-party HDMI cables may not be fully compatible with the console.
- Try a different HDMI High Speed or HDMI Premium certified cable.
- Plug your TV straight into your console with the original HDMI cable that came with the Xbox One S console. Some video equipment may not correctly transfer the signal to your TV or console.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Here are the Xbox One S games that support HDR
- How to fix Xbox One S 4K and HDR issues
- Resident Evil 7 to get 1080p/60fps and HDR support on the Xbox One S
Have you ever received Are you sure you want to copy this file without its properties message from Windows when you were trying to move […]
The error You do not have the necessary privilege to create new virtual machines appears in the cases in which the user doesn’t have enough […]
Microsoft released their Q4 earnings for 2019 an it’s all good news. The giant registered amazing growth on all departments, increasing its share price by […]