- PDF files are the most popular file formats in the business industry and in the day by day tasks, so people save a lot of documents and photos in this format.
- PDF reading software offers a lot more extra features besides only viewing such files, so you may consider editing a PDF or comparing changes from two documents.
- Nothing is better than having already the best list of software for reading a PDF file, so you have only to choose the best option.
- There are a lot more similar articles that we can recommend you for improving your digital life on our Software Hub.
Are you a Windows 10 PC owner stuck with a premium PDF reader with limited capabilities? How about 5 best free PDF reading software? This post is meant for you.
Portable Document Format (PDF) is a common file format that was developed by Adobe Systems in the 1990s for document presentation. PDF files can contain items such as text, images, hyperlinks, interactive buttons, forms, embedded fonts, video, and many more.
However, some PDF readers are available at a premium price though they come with extended features; but, there is some free PDF reading software available which can work more wonders compared to premium PDF readers.
What are the best free PDF reading software for Windows 10?
1. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (recommended)
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC has a free version and is a user-friendly PDF reading software. Adobe Reader, as its name suggests, is perfect for viewing and printing PDF files. This tool supports different files as Microsoft Office formats, Encapsulated PostScript, text, images, Autodesk Autocad, 3D files, MS Visio, and many more.
If you want to fill out PDF forms, you can do that as well. Adobe Reader enables you to navigate using outlines, links, and bookmarks. In addition, you can also use various viewer layouts, fit modes, and zooming tools within the program.
Moreover, this tool incorporates collaboration features like getting comments from different users on a shared online PDF.
As more people from the business industry spend more time on their smartphones, Adobe Reader adapted the application to mobile users. Directly from your phone, you can edit, review, sign any PDF file and you can capture documents with your phone camera in order to save them as PDFs.
This application eases the process of collecting PDF files, as Adobe Reader is linked with Adobe Document Cloud in order to allow the easy access of the PDFs anywhere you are.
- ALSO READ: How to print to PDF in Windows 10
2. Xodo PDF Reader
This free program is an excellent PDF reading software. You can view PDF files and also edit them as well. In addition, you can Xodo PDF Reader to convert images into PDF documents. Some of the features of Xodo PDF Reader include:
- Fill out, save and send PDF forms
- Draw and type text on the PDF document
- Attach comments and bookmark for references
- Use a table of contents to navigate to sections and chapters
- Insert, delete, and rearrange pages of PDF documents
- Night Mode for reading in a dark environment.
Reader is a Windows built-in PDF reading software. This program has a user-friendly interface and it is easy-to-use even by novice PC users. Reader is lightweight and only requires 15MB of your disk space.
Reader has the following features:
- View PDF documents
- Fill out, save and send PDF forms
- Print PDF documents
- Search for phrases or words
- Register comments and take notes
- Support for TIFF and XPS files
However, the downside feature of Reader is its bookmark navigation which is very poor.
- Read Also: Top 10 + Windows 10 free PDF viewer tools
4. Soda PDF 3D Reader
This program enables you to view your PDF files in 3D. Soda PDF presents the PDF document with a real life view. You can view PDF files in regular modes, such as: single, continuous, facing, and facing continuous.
Other noteworthy features of Soda PDF 3D Reader include:
- Convert PDF files into Microsoft Word format
- Mark PDF documents
- Add text, shapes, and images to documents
- Flip through pages to view PDF documents.
5. PDF Annotation Lite
Last but not the least; PDF Annotation Lite is an ideal free PDF reading tool for Windows 10 PC. This program is commonly regarded as the ‘Photoshop of PDF readers’; in addition to viewing PDF documents, you can edit them as well with this program. PDF Annotation Liteenables you to add text, shapes, edit elements, and of course draw on PDF documents.
Have you already used some of the software we mentioned above? Share your experience with us in the comment section below.
Free PDF Reading Software FAQ:
- What is the best PDF reader and editor?
The best PDF editor is Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, as these are high-quality software thanks to advanced features that allow users to convert, edit, annotate PDFs, and more.
- How do I make a PDF read only?
- How do I make a PDF not editable?
You can make a PDF not editable by setting a password to the PDF document, so you can do it with ease in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.