5 best free PDF reading software for Windows 10
Are you a Windows 10 PC owner stuck with a premium PDF reader with limited capabilities? How about 5 best free PDF reading software? This post is meant for you.
Portable Document Format (PDF) is a common file format which was developed by Adobe Systems in the 1990’s for document presentation. PDF files can contain items such as text, images, hyperlinks, interactive buttons, forms, embedded fonts, video, and many more.
However, some PDF readers are available at a premium price though they come with extended features; but, there are some free PDF reading software available which can work more wonders compared to premium PDF readers.
Free PDF reading software for Windows 10
Xodo PDF Reader
This free program is excellent PDF reading software. You can view PDF files and also edit them as well. In addition, you can Xodo PDF Reader to convert images into PDF document. Some of the features of Xodo PDF Reader include:
- Fill out, save and send PDF forms
- Draw and type text on the PDF document
- Attach comments and bookmark for references
- Use table of contents to navigate to sections and chapters
- Insert, delete, and rearrange pages of PDF documents
- Night Mode for reading in dark environment
You can download the Xodo PDF Reader & Editor for free.
Reader is Windows built-in PDF reading software. This program has a user-friendly interface and it is easy-to-use even by novice PC users. Reader is lightweight and only requires 15MB of your disk space.
Reader has the following features:
- View PDF documents
- Fill out, save and send PDF forms
- Print PDF documents
- Search for phrases or words
- Register comments and take notes
- Support for TIFF and XPS files
However, the downside feature of Reader is its bookmark navigation which is very poor. Meanwhile you can download Microsoft Reader here.
- Read Also: Top 10 + Windows 10 free PDF viewer tools
Soda PDF 3D Reader
This program enables you to view your PDF files in 3D. Soda PDF presents the PDF document with a real life view. You can view PDF files in regular modes, such as: single, continuous, facing and facing continuous.
Other noteworthy features of Soda PDF 3D Reader include:
- Convert PDF files into Microsoft Word format
- Mark PDF documents
- Add text, shapes, and images to documents
- Flip through pages to view PDF document
Download Soda PDF 3D Reader here
Perfect PDF Reader
This software is free and user-friendly PDF reading software. Perfect PDF Reader, as its name suggests, is perfect for viewing and printing PDF and XPS files. You can easily open PDF, XPS and OXPS files in multiple windows.
If you want to fill out PDF forms, you can do that as well. Perfect PDF Reader enables you to navigate using outlines, links and bookmarks. In addition, you can also use various viewer layouts, fit modes and zooming tools within the program.
Download Perfect PDF Reader here.
- ALSO READ: How to print to PDF in Windows 10
PDF Annotation Lite
Last but not the least; PDF Annotation Lite is an ideal free PDF reading tool for Windows 10 PC. This program is commonly regarded to as the ‘Photoshop of PDF readers’; in addition to viewing PDF documents, you can edit them as well with this program. PDF Annotation Liteenables you to add text, shapes, edit elements, and of course draw on PDF documents.
Download PDF Annotation Lite here.
Have you already used some of the software we mentioned above? Share your experience with us in the comment section below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- The best Chrome extensions to view, edit and save PDF files online
- Download web pages as PDF [How To]
- Fix: PDF files not printing properly on Windows 10
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]