- If you want to organize custom tournaments for badminton matches with your friends, then you need the best badminton tournament planner.
- We provide you with a tool that supports numerous tournament types.
- You can find an app here that has a live scoring system that keeps you up to date with all your scores.
- Another program allows you to create automatic schedules for any number of participants.
Have you ever wondered if there are any free apps that allow you to set up custom tournaments for your badminton matches with friends ?
If your answer is ”yes”, then you’re in luck today. You can forget the papers and blackboards you had to use in the past. In this article we will explore some of the best software options on the market that allow you to easily manage tournaments.
We will present you with free options of tournament management software for badminton matches. Some of them are compatible with a wide range of sports, but have a specific badminton section included, and others will be specifically designed for badminton. Read on to find out more.
What are the best free software for badminton tournaments?
Tournament Planner is a incredibly useful software option that allows you to easily manage tournaments for a wide range of sports.
One of the best features found in this software, is that it supports great number of tournament types. You can set up the tournament as you wish, by modifying the number of knock-out draws, set up custom playoffs, and many other aspects.
This software has a very friendly user interface, and is designed so that you can access all options with just a few clicks of the mouse. You can easily schedule matches, group events by different classes, print a draw, etc.
In order to share the results of your tournaments with your friends and family, Tournament Planner has a built-in sharing option that can be activated easily.
Tournament Planner can be used as a free demo with full capabilities, but has some functions disabled compared to the licensed version. With the free version, you can not publish your tournaments online.
Other than that, it’s fair game.
Here are some of the best features found in Tournament Planner:
- Keeps you informed about player and court availability, matches, etc.
- One panel that shows the entire range of player data
- Quick overview of matches that were scheduled, unschedules and played
- Can create backups with your data in order to keep it safe in care of system issues
- Can re-schedule matches without unscheduling it
- Unlimited numbers of players, events, matches, courts
- 96 timeslots/day
- Can create a wide range of reports – matches/day, match cards, players, draw lists, etc.
What’s Score is another great app that allows you to create and manage all of the aspects needed in order to create a professional looking badminton tournament with a great range of features.
Even though this app can be used to create tournaments for a wide range of sports, What’s Score has incredibly useful features that apply to badminton tournament creation as well.
Here are some of its best features:
- Allows you to manage participants to your tournaments by using customized registration forms
- Can automatically perform draws with multiple seeding options
- Winners and losers are automatically moved across the tournament branches according to results
- Can automate the process of scheduling a match depending on the court chosen
- Live scorring system that keeps you aware of all scores
- Can easily share results on social platforms directly from the software
- Great mobile app that allows you to access the tournaments from anywhere in the world
The Free version of What’s Score, comes with a lifetime guaranteed free software, and this version is capable of creating and managing your badminton tournaments with a variety of cool features.
Some of them are :
- Participant registration – allows you to keep track of who’s participating in tournaments
- Can automatically perform random selection of candidates
- Live results and scores on dashboard
- Customizable player dashboard
The Premium version of What’s Score is designed for businesses, sports associations, clubs, etc. This option is paid, but offers great additional capabilities. Here are some of them:
- Customizable software that adapts to your company no matter the size or number of departments
- Allows you to create tournaments with Members Only policy
- Custom Mobile App with your company’s branding
Score 7 is another great tool that enables you to easily create, manage, and also keep track of all aspects of badminton tournaments from your preferred device.
By using this app you can tailor the tournaments to you specific preferences and needs, can create automatic schedules for any number of participants, and also allows you to communicate easily with them, with the built-in sharing features available.
To build your tournament, you simply need to select the number of participants you want, the specific sport, and then the format in which the tournament should be created.
After you created the tournament, you can customize it even more by enabling you to add or remove members, update their names, add a text description to your tournament, and can even customize the tournament URL, to make it easy to share.
When it comes to the structures available for creating tournaments, with Score 7, you can create round robin tournaments, knockout rounds, and also multistage tournaments.
For the robin style tournaments, you can edit the number of legs and the number of points assigned for each victory, draw, and loss.
In the knockout style tournaments you can edit the seeding and you can also add a third place final, and in multistage mode, you can also change the number of groups and how many people move on the the next stage.
After everything is set up, you just need to share the newly generate URL with the tournament participants, and you can start playing.
Konkuri is another great free software option that can help you create, manage and sort out any type of tournament you’d like, for a variety of sports. It also includes badminton, the sport we talked about in this article.
This app is entirely web-based and very easy to use, and offers a good option for both personal use – free, and also sport organizations, badminton centers, etc. You can choose from a wide range of tournament setups – round-robin, brackets, groups, and also playoffs.
With Konkuri, you can also keep in contact with the tournament participants with ease, and also allows you to easily keep track of all scores, groupings, and schedules, so you never miss an important game. The results of every game are communicated instantly, and they are backed up on the servers to prevent any data loss.
Some of the best features found in Konkuri include:
- Incredibly easy league builder – you can create a league/tournament with just a few clicks and have acces to a wide range of presets specific to the game you want to play
- Great looking dedicated website that also contains options for URL sharing, following the game for competitions, without any ads
- The dashboard offers you easy to access information that is updated in real time
- Can sumbit comments on matches
- Building mode – allows you to set custom permissions for guests and aministrators, and also to communicate with members before the competition
- Easier than ever to share information – posters, descriptions, contacts, rules, instructions, etc.
Konkuri allows you to set up a wide range of tournament/league formats :
- Round-robin – each contestant meets every one of the others once. You can set up a single, double, and multiple round-robin, and up to 24 participants/teams
- Brackets – up to 128 participants/teams, with an option to set a third-fourth place match as well
- Groups and playoffs – Can set a specific number of qualifiers/group, and allows up to 96 participants/teams
If you want to see a full list of features, you can visit the official Konkuri website.
In this article, we explored some of the best free badminton tournament creator apps available on the market in 2019. The features found in these 4 options will surely cover your needs in this domain.
If you feel that the features found in the free versions of the apps presented here are not enough, you can always buy a license and access the entire range of unlimited features in the program of your choosing.
We would love to find out how was your experience when trying these software options out.
Thank you for reading this article, and please feel free to let us know in the comment section found below if you have any other software suggestions.