Gaming features aren’t available for the Windows desktop [EXPLAINED]
The Game bar has become an overlay packed with tools. The Windows 10 May 2019 Update has revamped the Game bar and Game mode, with which users can record gameplay footage, take screenshots, chat on Xbox Live, check system resource utilization, and more besides.
However, those gaming features aren’t always fully available for all users. If gaming features aren’t available for the Windows desktop, users will need to check that they’re enabled. This is how users can fully enable Win 10’s gaming features.
How do I enable the Windows 10 gaming features and game bar?
1. Update Windows 10 to the Latest Build Version
- First, some users might need to update Windows 10 to the latest build version as earlier builds don’t include the revamped Game bar in version 1903. To get the latest May 2019 Update, press the Windows key + S keyboard shortcut.
- Input the keyword ‘update’ in the text box.
- Then click Check for updates, which will open the window shown directly below.
- Click Download and install now under the “Feature update to Window 10, version 1903” subheading. Some users might need to click the Check for updates button first.
2. Add the Windows Media Pack to Windows 10 KN or N
- Windows 10 KN and N users might need to install the Windows Media Pack to ensure they have all the media technologies required for the Game bar. To do that, open the Windows Media Pack page.
- Click the Download button.
- Select an installation pack for either 32 or 64-bit Windows, and press the Next button.
- Then open the downloaded installer to install the media pack.
3. Enable the Game Bar
- Users need to have enabled the Game Bar to open it. To enable the Game Bar, press the Windows key + S hotkey.
- Enter ‘Game bar’ as the search keyword.
- Select Game bar settings to open the window shown below.
- Toggle the Record game clips, screenshots and broadcast using Game bar option on.
4. Enable Game DVR
To record games, users also need to toggle Record in the background while I’m playing a game option on. Users can do that by clicking Captures just below the Game bar in Settings and turning the Record in the background setting on.
5. Turn on Game Mode
There’s also a Game Mode option in Settings that users need to turn on to enable gaming optimization. Click the Game Mode tab in Settings shown directly below. Then click the Game Mode option to turn it on if it’s off.
When you’ve enabled all the gaming features as outlined above, press the Windows key + G hotkey. That’s the default hotkey for opening the Game bar. Then users can fully utilize all the gaming features Win 10 has to offer!
RELATED ARTICLES TO CHECK OUT:
- Full Fix: ‘There’s nothing to record’ in Windows 10 Game Bar
- FIX: Windows 10 Game bar not opening
- Xbox Game Bar fails to record non-gaming activities for some
Browsers are essential tools for surfing the Internet. Also, the interface of any browser is crucial for providing a user-friendly experience. However, this feature is […]
While using the Power Bi desktop app you may face some issues with your data and file. One such error is related to Power Bi […]
The built-in Windows Photos app allows you to edit photos as well as play videos of multiple formats apart from viewing images. Sometime, the app […]