How to Get Windows 10 Updates for Phones on Time
Ever since the release of Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones users had some appeals and questions about the system. Some users were disappointed that their phone isn’t on the list of compatible devices, while others were asking why they don’t get any updates even if their phones are compatible.
Well for those who don’t have compatible devices, we have an advice to wait a little, because there’s a chance that their smartphones will be compatible with Windows 10 Technical Preview in the future. And for those who are able to, but still don’t get any updates, we maybe have a solution.
After you install Windows 10 Technical Preview on your phone you’ll be prompted to choose between two enroll versions, “Fast” and “Slow.” If you chose “Slow” enroll option, you’ll get your updates slower, but fortunately, you can change it. Just go to your Windows Insider App and go to Get preview builds. From here go to the Enroll page and select Fast settings.
On the other hand, if you selected “Insider Fast”, and you still aren’t offered the upgrade, there’s probably some problem in your software. To check if your device has that conflict in software, you have to check the version of your OS first:
- Navigate to Settings, About
- Check the version of the OS. If your device shows 8.10.14226.359 or greater, your device has this conflict. Devices with other OS versions do not.
To solve this software problem of your device, follow these steps:
- Use the Windows Phone Recovery Tool to re-flash your device
- Performing a recovery will bring back your device to a software build that doesn’t have the conflict
- After the recovery is completed, DO NOT CONNECT YOUR PHONE TO WI-FI. This is very important, because it will prevent the device from automatically updating the OS version to the one that contains conflict.
- Once you boot your phone, go to Settings, Phone update and uncheck the “Automatically download updates if my data settings allow it” box
- Restart your device
- Turn Wi-Fi on and download the Windows Insider app
- Launch the Windows Insider application and select the desired Insider state (Slow or Fast).
- Go to Settings, Phone update and tap Check for updates
- Apply the update and follow all on-screen instructions to complete the installation of Windows 10 Technical Preview for your phone
If you have some additional questions or comments, please write the down in the comments section below.
Have you ever had There was a problem updating your controller error while you were trying to update your Xbox One controller? If the answer […]