Halo Wars: Definitive Edition brings its fair share of issues, patch incoming
Halo Wars: Definitive Edition is now available as an Early Access game. The game is an upgraded version of the strategy classic, Halo Wars and in it, fans can go back to the early beginnings of the war between the Covenant and UNSC and experience it in a different manner.
Unfortunately, Halo Wars: Definitive Edition also brings issues of its own. In this article, we’re going to list the most frequent issues currently affecting the game.
Halo Wars: Definitive Edition issues
First, here’s is the official list of known bugs:
- PC players may experience a delay of about one minute before the game launches. This should also happen when the game is launched for the first time.
- There are a series of multiplayer game flow and messaging bugs that will be fixed in the future. No further details are available as to how these bugs affect the game.
- In multiplayer, you need to click a series of buttons to start the game: Select the Search button at the bottom of the screen to find a match > click the Ready button to confirm that you are ready to start the game > click the Publish button to create a new multiplayer match.
- Voice chat defaults to “all”3 even if you’re on opposing teams. Mute your microphone to avoid revealing strategic information to your opponent. On team games, use Party Chat instead. This issue will be addressed in the future.
Halo Wars: Definitive Edition reported bugs
- Tutorials on PC have missing audio whenever the text is PC only.
- The PC version is constantly resetting into windowed mode when gamers launch the game. Players are stuck at single digit FPS and can’t fix this.
- The tutorial gets through all the cinematics and then crashes when the game is about to start. Sometimes the following error message appears on the screen: “Fatal Error: Connection to the graphics adapter was lost“.
- Halo Wars: Definitive Edition crashes at startup offline, requiring players to connect to the internet again and repeat the process.
If you’ve come across various workarounds to fix these issues, you can list the troubleshooting steps in the comment section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Halo 6 possibly coming to Windows PC
- Thanks to Xbox Play Anywhere, Halo 6 will be playable on Windows 10
- You can now download Xbox One games insanely faster
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]