- It's true, Horizon Forbidden West came with a lot of bugs, but they're all fixable.
- Trying to best the Chainscrape fighting pits challenges can result in a nasty bug.
- This bug can be easily fixed with a trip to your stash and some weapons exchange.
- Follow our step-by-step guide and learn how you can solve the problem really fast.
Horizon Forbidden West is beyond any doubts one of the greatest games to go live in 2022 so far, with a huge fanbase and a great story
But you know what else Forbidden West came within abundance? Bugs, and a whole lot of them, as you’ve probably experienced if you purchased the game.
That being said, Forbidden West players started flagging a new issue lately, one that won’t allow them to melee during the fighting pit quests.
Luckily for you, once again you came to the right place to get such tedious problems solved in just a matter of minutes.
How do I fix not being able to melee in Forbidden West?
This issue apparently happens if the player attempts to start a challenge or tutorial in the melee pit located in Chainscrape in Horizon Forbidden West.
The game can end up showing a back screen. It is still running in the background and we can hear the sound and everything, but there won’t be anything shown on the screen.
If you can’t melee in Forbidden West, we suggest you go through this quick troubleshooting process:
- Run Horizon Forbidden West.
- Head to your Stash.
- Open the Weapons tab.
- Search for the Champion’s Spear.
- Take it from the inventory and equip it.
- Return and face the challenge.
Also, if you have the deluxe edition of the game, all you need to do is to remove the deluxe edition or pre-order bonus equipment from inventory.
This includes the armor and weapon from the first game. After getting rid of it, you should be able to fix the melee pit bug in Horizon Forbidden West.
Have you also dealt with this bug while playing? Share your experience with us in the comments section below.