- With Instagram, you can add up to 30 hashtags in a single comment.
- If you can't access Instagram from your web due to the HTTP 405 error message, this guide will surely help.
- Make sure to bookmark our extensive Browsers Error Section to see more useful guides and information.
- Keep an eye on our Troubleshooting page for useful articles on the most common errors.
Many users are complaining that when they are trying to like or comment on Instagram from their PC, there’s a 405 error that appears.
With no indications on what to do next, the error message on Instagram simply states: This site does not work. If the problem still persists you can contact the site admin. HTTP ERROR 405.
If you are wondering how you can fix this on Instagram, we’ve got you covered. There are a few confirmed solutions that you can try.
The 405 error is usually temporary and with a few pretty simple steps to do, you can go back to using Instagram in no time.
What does HTTP error 405 mean?
The HTTP (HyperText Transfer Protocol) 405 error points to the fact that the request method has been recognized by the accessed servers, but the target resource is not supported.
This error can occur for a variety of different reasons, but the most common is that the server you’re trying to access is configured in such a way that it doesn’t allow you to complete a specific action for a specific URL.
How can I fix the HTTP error 405 on Instagram?
1. Try using another browser
For a start, try opening Instagram in another browser than the one you are currently using.
Our recommendation would be Opera due to the integrations it has with various social media platforms, Instagram included.
This guarantees a faster connection to the respective platform, plus instant access via a dedicated icon that can be added to the browser sidebar.
If you have not used Opera before, download it using the button below (it only takes a couple of minutes), then open the Settings menu.
Scroll down to Sidebar and check the box next to Instagram (or any other element you want to add to the sidebar, for that matter).
Then click on the Instagram icon and log into your account as you’d usually do (save your credentials if necessary).
OperaWith Opera's smart social media intergations, you're just one click away from your Instragram feed.
2. Clear all temporary browser data
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More.
- Click More tools – Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range.
- To delete everything, select All time.
- Check the boxes next to Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files.
- Click Clear data.
In this example, we’ve used Chrome, but the process is similar in any other browser you’re using.
3. Update your browser
- Go to Customize and Control button.
- Select the Help menu.
- Click on About Google Chrome.
- Chrome will automatically check for updates.
- If Chrome finds new updates, click Relaunch to install them.
These are the steps for updating your Chrome browser. If you use another browser, you can easily check for any updates available.
In order to do this, you can just search on the Internet for updates and the name of your browser (i.e Firefox updates).
4. Check Instagram guidelines
If you checked all the above and the error persists, make sure to keep in mind that you can’t include more than 5 @ mentions in a single comment or more than 30 hashtags in a single comment.
Also, you can’t post the same comment multiple times (including emoji).
That’s about it. If you carefully follow the steps presented above, you should be able to fix your Instagram issue in no time.
If you have any more questions or suggestions, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
The most common cause for not being able to log into your Instagram account has to do with entering the wrong username and password. We’re covering other possible issues in our guide.
Due to minor glitches, your Instagram app may not work properly. Delete and reinstall your app in the case that you cannot use it.
The most common cause for not being able to log into your account has to do with entering the wrong username and password.