- There are all sorts of files on your computer, and some users are a bit suspicious when it comes to unknown files.
- One of these files is Igfxtray and in today’s article, we’ll take a closer look and see what it can do.
- Want to learn more about Intel and its products? This Intel article has all the information that you need.
- Having problems with PC software? Visit our PC Software Hub for more useful guides like this one.
Your computer has hundreds of system files, and sometimes you might encounter one of these unknown files and mistake it for malware.
One of these files is Igfxtray, and in this guide, we’re going to take a closer look at this file and explain to you what it actually is and can it damage your PC.
How do I fix Igfxtray exe error?
What is Igfxtray?
Igfxtray module is a component of Intel Common User Interface, and it’s developed by Intel. The file is a part of Graphics Media Accelerator Driver.
Igfxtray.exe will display the Intel icon in the system tray that you can use to quickly access the Intel Graphics configuration.
Igfxtray has stopped working
If you’re getting a message saying that Igfxtray has stopped working, you might want to try uninstalling and updating your Intel Graphics drivers. This can be a tedious process, but you can speed it up with DriverFix.
The software will scan your system and give you a list of all outdated drivers. Now you just need to select the drivers that you want to update, and they will be downloaded automatically.
The software has over 18 million drivers available, so it should be able to update any driver without issues. With its simplicity, DriverFix is the best choice for your driver-related issues, so be sure to try it out.
Other great features:
- Fast scanning
- Download manager for drivers
- Driver backup
- Database of 18 million driver files
- Scheduled updates and scans
DriverFixTo update your drivers quickly and fix problems with Igfxtray, be sure to use DriverFix.
Is Igfxtray necessary at startup?
No, Igfxtray.exe isn’t necessary to run at startup. The software allows you to quickly access the Intel Graphics configuration utility, and unless you need to frequently change your settings, there’s no need for Igfxtray to run at startup.
Should I disable Igfxtray?
If you’re low on memory or if your system is slow to start, you can then disable Igfxtray. This isn’t essential software, and it basically works as a shortcut for Intel Graphics configuration software.
To disable this software, do the following:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
- Go to the Startup tab and locate Igfxtray. Right-click it and choose Disable.
After doing this, the Igfxtray won’t start with your PC anymore.
Is Igfxtray EXE safe?
Yes, igfxtray.exe file is 100% legitimate and safe. The application is made by Intel, and it’s used to launch Intel Graphics utility software, so it’s perfectly safe to use.
Igfxtray file is associated with Intel Graphics, and as such, it’s completely safe, but unless you’re configuring Intel graphics frequently, you don’t need to have Igfxtray in the startup.