- The Windows 10 May 2021 update is finally here and users can install it right away on their PC.
- It is the first big release of the year and another one is expected to happen by the end of 2021.
- The Windows Insider Program allows users to install the 21H1 update right now on their devices, before being publicly released.
- Is expected that the update will become available pretty soon for everyone although we don't have an exact timeline.
The most expected Windows 10 update is finally here. The Windows 10 May 2021 (21H1) is the first big release of the year and you can now install it on your device.
This update is one of the two major updates Microsoft will launch this year and is expected that the Windows 10 21H2 will be launched by the end of 2021.
Microsoft has not made a public announcement regarding the launch of the Windows 10 May 2021 update but if you don’t want to wait any longer there’s an easy way to install it right away.
How do I install the Windows 10 May 2021 update?
All you need to do in order to get the Windows 10 May 2021 update, even before the public launch, is to get into the Windows Insider Program.
Make sure to follow the steps indicated below:
- Open the Settings app and click on Update and Security.
- Locate the Windows Program Insider and click on it.
- Select the get started option and choose a Microsoft account to link.
- Next, select Release Preview Channel and click on Confirm.
- Finally, restart your PC.
Once your device restarted you need to return to the Settings app and you should see the Release Preview channel listed.
Once you click on the Windows Update option there will appear a section displaying the Windows 10 version 21H1 update.
You can now install it on your device and allow for the installation process to finish. The process will be completed after you will restart you PC once again.
So, there are the steps you need to make if you want to go ahead and install the Windows 10 May 2021 (21H1) right away.
As we already mentioned the update will be available for everyone and is expected that Microsoft makes a public announcement in the following days.
Don’t hesitate to leave us a comment in the dedicated section below, as always, we would love to hear your thoughts on the subject.