How to install Windows 95 theme on Windows 10 [Step-by-step guide]
Windows 10 provides numerous capabilities and is in no doubt one of the best operating systems ever invented. But some users – especially those familiar with Windows 95 seem to dislike its appearance and would rather stick to the ‘old school’ but nostalgic Windows 95 desktop backgrounds.
And because Microsoft did not include a Windows 95 theme for Windows 10 during the operating system release, passionate users have been frantically searching for a solution with mixed results.
One of DeviantArt users named Kizo2703 came up with a Windows 95 like theme (Free) and most nostalgic users seem satisfied with the results.
Let’s look at the theme download and installation process.
Steps to install Windows 95 theme on Windows 10 PCs
- Download this Windows 95 classic from here. Click the download button at the right hand side to initialize the download.
- Extract the downloaded to your C:WindowsResourcesEaseofAccess Themes folder
- Go to the desktop and Right Click on an empty space.
- Click on personalize and choose theme settings.
- Click on the classic theme as seen under the high-contrast themes.
And you can even customize the background colors further instead of sticking with the traditional blue. Here are the steps to follow:
- Right click on anywhere (on an empty space) on your desktop
- Click on personalize.
- Under background, double-click your preferred background color. Your ‘Windows 95’ desktop’ background color will change to your new choice.
Now, the taskbar in Windows 10 is no longer associated with the theme function so applying the new classic theme will not impact how the taskbar looks like and the only option is playing with the high contrast settings.
How To Uninstall Windows 95 Theme For Windows 10
You delete the theme since you cannot uninstall it like conventional programs.
- Navigate to the C:WindowsResourcesEaseofAccess Themes folder.
- Select the classic theme.
- Press delete to erase it
You can now revert to the usual Windows 10 Themes.
- Wanna see Windows 95 running on a phone? Check out this video
- FIX: Settings app won’t launch in Windows 10
- Check out these Windows 95 emulators on Windows 10
Are you a software developer or programmer? Do you need a reliable Java bytecode interpreter? This article is especially for you. In this piece, we’ll […]
Browsers are essential tools for surfing the Internet. Also, the interface of any browser is crucial for providing a user-friendly experience. However, this feature is […]