Intel just launched its first 10th Gen “Ice Lake” core processors.
These new processors are using Intel’s new 10nm process technology and architecture design and you will see them in sleek 2 in 1’s and laptops in just a couple of months.
Multitasking on Windows 10 just got easier with Intel’s 10th Gen CPU’s
This means not only that Windows 10 will run faster and you’ll be able to do more tasks, but also the next generation of Windows 10 PCs could be thinner and have a better thermal design.
Here’s what Chris Walker, Intel corporate vice president and general manager of Mobility Client Platforms in the Client Computing Group stated:
These 10th Gen Intel Core processors shift the paradigm for what it means to deliver leadership in mobile PC platforms. With broad-scale AI for the first time on PCs, an all-new graphics architecture, best-in-class Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) and Thunderbolt 3 – all integrated onto the SoC, thanks to Intel’s 10nm process technology and architecture design – we’re opening the door to an entirely new range of experiences and innovations for the laptop.
It seems like the company bets heavily on AI and thin and lite laptops this year, so we may expect to see the new CPU’s in the next Surface devices.
Here are some new 10th Gen features:
- Intel® Deep Learning Boost, a new, dedicated instruction set that accelerates neural networks on the CPU for maximum responsiveness in scenarios such as automatic image enhancements, photo indexing and photorealistic effects.
- Up to 1 teraflop of GPU engine compute for sustained, high-throughput inference applications like video stylization, analytics and real-time video resolution upscaling.
- Intel® Gaussian & Neural Accelerator (GNA) delivers a dedicated engine for background workloads such as voice processing and noise suppression at ultra-low power, for maximum battery life.
10th Gen Intel Core processors with Intel Iris Plus graphics come with doubled the graphics performance, 1080p gaming, and 4k video editing.
- These are the first GPUs from Intel to support VESA’s Adaptive Sync* display standard, which enables a smoother gaming experience across games like Dirt Rally 2.0* and Fortnite*.
- Based on Intel’s Gen11 graphics architecture, they are also the industry’s first integrated GPU to incorporate variable rate shading for improved rendering performance.
- With support for the BT.2020* specification, watch 4K HDR video in a billion colors.
So if you’re interested in a performance boost on your Windows 10 PC or if you’re in the market for a sleek 2 in 1 with 10th Gen Intel Core processor, get your wallet ready for this holiday season.