- Internet is a huge part of our lives, but issues with it will happen from time to time.
- Many users reported that the Internet is connected, but the browser isn’t working on Windows 10, and today we’ll try to fix that.
- Don't hesitate to explore our Software section if you want to see more useful articles on this subject.
- Are you having additional browser issues? If so, visit our Browsers Hub for more useful information.
This is a strange issue, but in today’s article, we’re going to show you how to fix this problem on Windows 10.
What can I do if the Internet is connected but the browser is not working on Windows 10?
1. Check your antivirus/firewall
- Disable your third-party antivirus/firewall.
- Check if the problem is still there.
- If not, you’ll have to manually check your firewall/antivirus settings and find the source of the problem.
Users reported this problem with Bitdefender and Avast, but any other antivirus can cause this issue to appear.
If your current antivirus is the problem, you can always switch to a different antivirus such as BullGuard. The antivirus has triple-layer protection and it uses machine learning to detect malicious code.
Thanks to this feature, BullGuard will protect you from zero-day threats. The software can also protect you from malware, trojans, phishing attacks, and ransomware.
The antivirus is also optimized for gaming, so you can rest assured that BullGuard won’t use your hardware or interfere with multiplayer gaming sessions.
Lastly, there’s a vulnerability scanner that will scan applications and drivers and verify their digital certificates. The feature will also let you know about any potential vulnerabilities on your system.
Overall, Bullguard offers great protection, and it won’t interfere with your browsing experience, so you might want to consider it.
Bullguard AntivirusAn antivirus tool that offers great online privacy protection, and an incredibly fast browsing speed.
2. Try using a different browser
If you keep having this problem, you might want to consider using a different web browser such as Opera for example.
Opera is built on the Chromium engine, so it’s quite similar to Chrome. In fact, it can even run Chrome extensions. The browser also has a couple of unique features as well.
First off, there’s tracking protection and a built-in ad blocker, so you won’t have to deal with ads. For an extra layer of security, there’s a free VPN with unlimited bandwidth.
The browser also has a built-in messenger, Twitter, and Instagram integration so you can keep an eye on social networks at all times.
Opera is fast, reliable, secure, and it has a few unique features, so you might want to try it out.
OperaNever worry about clutter or not being able to connect to the Internet with this fast and reliable browser.
3. Check your VPN
- Temporarily disable your VPN.
- If the issue is still there, uninstall your VPN software.
In some instances, your VPN software can be the problem, so you might want to try disabling it temporarily or uninstalling it.
If you want to achieve greater results, without the need to constantly change your VPN software, we recommend that you try using the Private Internet Acces VPN (PIA).
This amazing software ensures that your privacy online is always protected from prying eyes and other third-party entities that might use your data against you.
Don’t hesitate and download this great VPN software to ensure that you have full control over the information you share with others.
Private Internet Access
Never worry about your data falling into the wrong hands by using the most powerful VPN software on the market.
4. Use the command line
- Press Windows Key + X and select PowerShell (Admin) or Command Prompt (Admin).
- Now run the following commands:
- netsh winsock reset
- netsh int ip reset
- ipconfig / release
- ipconfig / renew
- ipconfig / flushdns
After running these commands, check if the problem with your browser is resolved.
If your browser isn’t working but the Internet is connected, the issue is probably related to your network configuration or your antivirus. However, you should be able to fix that using our solutions.