- Even though the internet offers a wide range of subjects that can easily be researched, people still often use their PC to watch some of the best TV channels directly from their desktop PC.
- This is better known as IPTV and you may not be able to enjoy it on your PC without proper IPTV software.
- You can find more IPTV articles on our website.
- If you like streaming multimedia content on your PC, our dedicated section can surely help you.
Even though the internet offers a wide range of subjects that can easily be researched, people still often use their PC to watch some of the best TV channels directly from their desktop PC. This is called IPTV and you’ll need a proper IPTV software to use it.
In this article, we will explore the best options of IPTV software that you can start using today on your Windows 10 platform to freely watch any channel in the world. Nonetheless, we don’t condone the usage of illegal services that provide IPTV.
Before we start, it is important to know that in order to be safe while trying to watch a stream through IPTV software, you should tend to privacy and security.
We do recommend to access IPTV through a good VPN. We do strongly recommend Cyberghost VPN for Windows. This is a leader on the market and will keep your identity safe while browsing or accessing internet resources like IPTV.
By subscribing to this service, you will gain access to a program called Nora Go, which will act as the main menu from which you can select all the TV channels you desire.
Its interface is extremely sleek and modern, and navigating between the hundreds of channels will be a piece of cake.
You don’t have to worry about commercials, and a single subscription will support up to 3 devices simultaneously so that both you and your friends and family can enjoy high-quality video streaming.
Besides, you don’t have to worry about lengthy cable contracts anymore, simply unsubscribe and that’s it.
Here are some of the perks of using IPTV Subscription:
- It provides you with over 700 Live HD Channels and another 20.000 channels in VoD style
- It comes with both HD and SD Quality content
- Plug & Play Ready for 3 devices
- No activation costs or fees, just subscribe, download Nora, and activate your account
- The Nora Go client is extremely easy to manage
MyIpTV is an app designed by Microsoft that offer you IPTV watching capabilities without installing any 3rd party software.
All you need to run MyIpTV is a Windows 10 PC and access to Microsoft Store. Once MyIpTV is installed then you need to follow these steps to set it up :
- Open MyIPTV app.
- The screen that will appear is not very good looking but will improve after the setup is complete
- Click on ‘Settings’ then click ”Add New Playlist” and choose EPG source.
- In the middle of the screen, you will see the ‘Remote channel list’.
- Click on that box and enter your preferred IPTV name
- In the part that says ”Enter Remote Source”, you want to type in your IPTV subscription M3U link
- Choose the TV program you want to watch and enjoy
VLC Media Player
This VLC media player is an open-source multimedia player that can easily be installed on any device and that can play a variety of file formats. You can also play DVDs and CDs.
VLC supports almost all audio and video compression methods and file formats and is even able to stream media over computer networks and to transcode multimedia files.
VLC comes with a large number of free decoding and encoding libraries. The ‘libvacodec library‘ from FFmpeg provides many of VLC’s codecs but the player also has some built-in codecs.
VLC became more popular being the first player to support playback of encrypted DVDs using its libdvcss DVD decryption library.
One of the best features of this tiny program is the fact that it can also stream and run IPTV with m3u files. If you have the latest version of VLC, you can stream TV from IPTV through the user-friendly interface.
In order to set up VLC to stream IPTV, you need to follow these steps :
- Download and install the latest version of VLC
- Now, you need to launch the VLC media player
- Go ahead and navigate to Open Network Stream
- Locate the HTTP/HTTPS/FTP/MMS option. Check the box for this option. Type the IPTV network URL into the URL box and hit Enter.
- The playlist should now be visible in VLC. You should now have all your channels in the left panel.
- If you want to view a certain channel, you can simply select the respective channel and then click the Right arrow to launch the channel.
Simple TV is one of the best IPTV players for Windows 10 users offering a free and convenient player for viewing TV programs in digital format.
This app also allows you to listen to the radio and watch IPTV but does not support torrent TV technology.
There is no installation process as this app is totally portable.
Because of this feature the Windows registry and Start menu/screen are not modified with new entries and no data is left behind after deletion.
Another important aspect of Simple TV is that the interface is organized neatly to enable you to easily browse for the TV channels you enjoy.
You can even customize the way each entry is displayed on the main window.
Some of the best features of Simple TV include:
- Adjust brightness, contrast or volume for each channel
- Crop features for video streams
- Easily create playlists/play multimedia files
- Ability to record video streams with a schedule – PiP
- Exporting capabilities as M3u playlist
- Download playlists created by other users
- Snapshot capabilities
- Support for LUA script
- Can be run in the system tray
- Simultaneous playback of streams
ProgDVB/ProgTV is another universal and powerful software for watching digital TV and listening to online radio channels.
ProgDVB is formed by two independent user interfaces that work together to offer you easy access to all the options.
ProgDVB is designed for remote control (HTPC) but also offers you the same functions if used with a mouse.
This powerful program has support for various types of data sources :
- Internet Tv and Radio – 8000 channels in the list
- DVB-S (satellite), DVB-S2, DVB-C (cable), DVB-T, DVB-T2, ATSC, ISDB-T
- Kartina TV, Rodina TV, OTT Club, Shura TV, Sovok TV
- Playback from a file
Key features include:
- High Definition TV support including H.264/AVC
- Picture-in-picture support
- Mosaic fast channels preview
- Support for the majority of DVB, ISDB-T and ATSC devices including DiSEqC and CAM interfaces support
- 10 Bands equalizer
- TV and Radio channels recording
- Network broadcasting
- Support for VR, VMR7, VMR9 and EVR renderers including OSD (except VR) independently from channel type or signal presence
In this article, we explored some of the best options for watching TV comfortably using your own PC with Windows 10 operating system.
The options presented in this post cover both the needs of users who need a simple and fast way to set up IPTV, as well as the needs of users who want to add a bit more customization power to their experience.
Remember to protect your privacy while watching your favorite shows with the best VPNs on the market.
Moreover, there are a lot of great tools that will enhance your IPTV experience. We recommended the best products throughout the article.
Let us know what you chose from this list in the comment section below, and don’t forget to tell us if we missed anything!
FAQ: Learn more about IPTV software
- Is IPTV legal?
It highly depends on the IPTV source you’re relying on. While there are many legit IPTV providers, most of them (especially those who promise “free IPTV”) offer you access to content illegally.
- What IPTV software is best for PC?
While you can easily achieve satisfactory results with all of the programs we’ve included on our list, we believe that MyIpTV is currently the best IPTV software solution on the market.
- Do I need special hardware for IPTV?
If you plan on enjoying IPTV on your computer, then no. Usually, watching TV on your PC requires a TV tuner, but IPTV doesn’t require special equipment since it delivers content directly over IP, as its name clearly indicates.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in November 2017 and has been since revamped and updated in April 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.