ISOs for the Windows 10 November 2021 Update released
- Windows 10 is still running and will be for at least the next four years.
- The release will be available for all preview channel users.
- Microsoft says this will be the final build hence the reason the ISO will be available for download.
Microsoft is in the works of releasing Windows 21H2 to mainstream users. Although WIndows 11 has been released, WIndows 10 is still functioning and will be for a while.
The release will be available on the Release preview channel with ISOs available for download in November.
Before the Windows 10 November 2021 update, it was known as version 21H2 and was only available to commercial users in the Release preview ring or users who were booted out of the Beta channel.
Some Beta users were kicked out because Windows 11 came around with higher system requirements. This made a handful of Windows Insiders move to the Release preview channel giving them a chance to test the 21H2 version instead.
ISOs have been there
ISOs have been available for quite some time to Windows Insiders but they could not test the update by enrolling only by installing an ISO.
Today, there is an ISO available for build 19044.1288. This is the final build expected for non-insiders still on Windows 10. Microsoft is however advising users to purchase new devices if they wish to enjoy new features.
Windows 10 21H2 features
- WPA3 H2E standards support added to enhance Wi-Fi security.
- Windows Hello for Business now supports passwordless deployment models to achieve a deploy-to-run state within a few minutes.
- GPU compute support in the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) and Azure IoT Edge for Linux on Windows (EFLOW) deployments for machine learning and other compute intensive workflows.
The updates are not much and all four versions of Windows 10 will receive similar updates but some features will not be seen depending on what version you’re on.
Microsoft is a bit tight-lipped on when the update will be released for everyone but from the rumours, it seems like November is a close call.
What are you expecting from the update? Let us know in the comment section below.